Chapter Seven

"Erin," I heard someone softly. "Erin, come on, Sweetheart."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw my dad. "Daddy? What happened?" I asked bringing a hand to my head. I had an awful headache.

"You passed out after the nurse pulled out the needle and thread for your stitches." a voice behind my dad responded. I peered around him and saw Ryder sitting in a chair against the wall.

My hand flew to the cut on my forehead and I felt gauze. "Careful." My dad warned. "They stitched you up while you were passed out. They gave you some pain medication so you may feel a little funny for a bit." Yeah I was feeling funny but for a totally different reason. And I was still hungry.

I groaned, "Can someone help me sit up?"

Ryder stood up but my dad forcibly pushed him back into the chair and shot him a glare.

My dad carefully helped me into a seated position. "I'm going to go get the nurse." he told me then he turned to Ryder, "No funny business." he growled then stalked from the room closing the door behind him.

Ryder immediately got up and sat beside me on the bed.

"Does he know?" I whispered to him.

Ryder nodded. "He smelled it on you the moment he walked in."

"Crap!" I mumbled. "What'd he say to you?"

"He was pissed I let you near that stuff. He yelled at me until you came around. Erin, promise me something. Don't ever do it again. It's a life ruiner. Just don't do it." He was so serious, I didn't know what to say but yes.

We heard the door handle turn. Ryder sprang into his seat just as my dad opened the door.

"Good to see your back and moving about, Erin." the nurse commented. "I would suggest taking her to your family physician to have her Impact tested. Just to be safe. But other than that, you're free to go." she said cheerfully.

My dad helped me down from the bed and I mumbled a thank you to the nurse as he ushered me out the door. Ryder followed closely behind.

As soon as we got outside my dad turned to me, "Go wait in the car, Erin. I'll be there in a few minutes." Then he turned his attention to Ryder.

"Dad..." I tried to stay.

"Erin!" he cut me off. "Go wait in the car." he said sternly.

I nodded and walked to his squad car but instead of getting inside, I waited so I could hear what he was saying to Ryder.

"You need to stay away from my daughter." my dad said harshly. "This could have ruined her life! If any other cop in the area had caught you two, you would be in a jail cell. I'm letting you go because I trust you'll listen to me about staying away from Erin. She doesn't need to get mixed up in your messed up life. You got that?"

I saw Ryder nod. "Yes sir." he clipped then walked away to his car.

As I watched him walk away, I feared that was the last time I'd see or talk to Ryder Daniels.

I'm so sorry for the late update! I've been so busy with softball and school and jeez it's insane. But just beat with me.

Thank you guys so much!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Avery