Chapter Six

Ryder led me into the hospital with his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh goodness. What happened?" A nurse greeted us.

"I tripped and fell and gashed my forehead on the edge of his desk." I responded motioning vaguely to Ryder who grinned all cheeky.

The nurse got up and came around the counter. "Let me take a look." Ryder took the blood soaked cloth from me. "Oh honey. You're going to need stitches. Let me get you checked in." she went back around the desk and sat down. "Name and date of birth?"

"Erin Marie Knight. June 27th, 1997." I answered as Ryder pressed the cloth to my head again to stop the new wave of blood. I winced.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

The nurse looked up from the computer. "Knight? Your dad is Matthew Knight."

"Yeah." I said slowly. "So?"

"My name is Alice. I went to high school with your mom and dad."

"What a small world." I commented rudely. My mom had told me about Alice and what she had done to her and my dad. She was awful.

"So, why don't you and your boyfriend take a seat-"

"He's not my boyfriend." I cut her off quickly. "Just a friend of mine."

"Okay. Well you and your friend can take a seat and I'll get some bandages so we can hopefully stop that blood flow before we can get you back for stitches."

Ryder led me to the chairs and we sat down. "Does it still hurt pretty badly?" he asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah. Still pretty badly."

"Why were you so rude to the nurse a minute ago?"

I scoffed. "She was a huge bully to my mom and dad. She did some pretty awful things."

Before he had a chance to ask what, Alice returned with a roll of gauze, tape, and a syringe.

She set the gauze and tape in the chair beside me. "Alright Erin, this shot is going to numb the area so you don't feel anything when the doctor actually does the stitches. I'm going to stick you about eight times. Four on each side of the gash."

I whimpered.

"What's the matter, Knight?" Ryder asked noticing I shied away from Alice and towards him.

"I hate needles. Actually, I'm afraid of needles."

"Hey, all you feel is a slight pinch and then it's over." Alice told me. "Just close your eyes and it'll be over before you know it."

Ryder took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze. I closed my eyes.

I felt the slight pinch of the needle each time she stuck me.

"All done." Alice announced. "Now, let's try and stop that bleeding." She pressed a few pieces of gauze to the gash then wrapped several long pieces around my head and taped them in place. "Just hang here until we call you back."

I noticed Ryder seemed to be containing laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"You!" he answered finally laughing. "With all that gauze around your head you look hilarious!"

I smacked him. "You're so mean!"

He pulled his phone from his pocket. "Smile."

I frowned at him.

He laughed. "Even better!"

Ryder showed me the picture and I couldn't help but laugh too.

"Erin, your dad's on his way." Alice called from behind the counter.

Ryder and I immediately stopped laughing and jumped up from our seats. "What?!" we asked at the same time.

Suddenly I got really dizzy. "Whoa." I mumbled as I staggered into Ryder.

"Hey, hey. Take it easy, Erin." he told me as he lowered me into the chair again. "What happened?"

"I'm really light headed." I muttered.

Alice stood up behind the counter. "Is she alright?"

"She says she's lightheaded." Ryder responded for me. "Is that normal?"

Alice nodded. "She's lost a good amount of blood, was stuck with a needle, which she's afraid of, and has a gash on her head. It's pretty normal. Erin, I want you to stretch out across the chairs. You can lay your head in your friend's lap and I'm going to get you some Gatorade."

I laid out on the chairs with my head resting on Ryder's lap. He looked down at me and chuckled. "You're crying blood again, Knight."

My hand flew to my cheek and I felt something wet. I pulled my hand away and saw blood. I paled. "That's so gross!"

Alice returned and handed Ryder my Gatorade. "Oh, it looks like you're bleeding through the bandages. What did you say you hit your head on?"

"The corner of a desk." I responded as Ryder pressed the cloth yet again to my head.

Another nurse appeared in the door way that led back to the ER. "Erin Knight?"

I slowly sat up but felt lightheaded again. I let my head drop into my hands and watched for a second as little drops of blood puddled on the tile.

"Erin, you okay?" Ryder asked quietly. The can of Gatorade came into my line of sight. "Here. Take a drink."

With shaky hands, I reached out and took the can from him. I took a long swig.

"We really need to get her stitched up." the nurse called from the door.

Ryder stood up. "Let me carry you. I don't need you falling and hitting anything else."

I was going to object but realized he was probably right. I sat up a bit more and Ryder slid his arm under my knees and around my back and lifted me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and settled my head in the crook of his neck.

Ryder carried me back and sat me on one of the beds. "Thanks." I mumbled.

The nurse followed us in. "Alright, Erin. Let's get those bandages off so we can see how bad this cut is."

She unwrapped the gauze from around my head. "Oh you got yourself good, Hon. What'd you do?"

"I tripped and hit my head on the corner of a desk."

"You've got to be more careful." The nurse chided me.

Ryder laughed beside me.

She turned around and rummaged in a drawer before turning around with a very large needle that looked like a sewing needle and blue thread that looked like plastic.

I faintly heard Ryder ask if I was alright before I blacked out.

Whoop, new chapter!

Oh my gosh what do y'all think of Alice making a surprise appearance?! Eep! There are going to be some other characters, like Sebastian and Chad, that are going to make appearances so get excited guys!

And history repeats itself! A trip to the hospital... Hmm what's gonna happen? Will Ryder be as sweet to Erin as Matthew was to Shaina? How much trouble is Erin going to get into? Will Matthew arrest Ryder for corrupting his angel? All valid questions that will be answered in the next chapter!

Hope you guys enjoy!

Avery