𝙲𝚑. 8: 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚃𝚒𝚍𝚎

Start from the beginning

"I do pity you. Your precious little friends have warped your sense of reality. [My angered expression intensified.] Perhaps it'd be merciful to put you out of your misery." He activated a petrifying spell to petrify me. My body slowly started to turn to stone.

"WAIT, WHAT?! WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, YOU- YOU CAN'T! YOU-! [I looked around the room and spotted a branding glove.] Y-You do realize you've been gone from the Human Realm for centuries, right? Times have most likely changed. Heck, I've heard that people nail barbed wire to their kids' teeth now! You wanna be known as the Emperor of the Witch Hunters, right?"

"Witch Hunter General."

"Right, right- But those aren't really a- a thing anymore! No one's gonna take you seriously if you start ranting about the Demon Realm! Especially looking like... that." I give Belos a criminally hateful side eye. Belos glances at his attire, surprised.

"[With a unimpressed look.] You got no drip." I think I just used human lingo? I hope I did. Belos tossed me across the room which made me knock over a table. Ouchie. However, that worked out because I spotted the branding glove and in an instant, hid it behind me.

"So what? You're offering to be my modern-day guide?"

"I'm not offering anything... But I do wanna make a deal. [Belos looks intrigued.] I know I can't beat you. So... I'll go to the Human Realm with you and I will be your guide. [I gotta say, I was always listening when Gus and Luz ranted about human stuff. Hey, don't gimme that look! Humans are very fascinating!] If you spare Hunt- I mean my friends." Belos scoffs at this. I'm almost completely petrified.

"C'mon! You'll need living proof that this realm exists! You say you'd do anything to save humanity, and I... [A lump in my throat began to painfully attack my neck as tears start welling up in my eyes.] I'd do anything to save Hu- My friends! Just..
please... Philip?" Belos looks satisfied and reverses the petrification, surprising me. I didn't think he'd actually believe that I'd help him.

"Fine." I held out my hand.

"Then shake on it. It's a human thing." Belos looks skeptical, but I held out both of my arms and shook them, implying that I'm not hiding anything. Belos takes my hand and shakes it when suddenly, my other hand immediately grabs his forearm, and the back of his hand starts burning. He yells in pain and retreats as his arm that now shows the Emperor's Coven sigil branded onto it. I exhale deeply and the branding glove immediately appears on my hand, revealing everything I had said to be a trick, angering Belos. He collapses also as a result of the draining spell.

"You won't make it out of here unless you stop the Draining Spell right now. [Belos doesn't respond.] SO STOP IT!" Instead, Belos transforms into his monster form. I backed up, absolutely horrified. Fully transformed, Belos looks back at me. Belos proceeds to chase me around, but I somehow keep evading him.

"Okay, I know you're pissed, but we can still fix this, all you have to do is stop the spell!" Belos lunges at me, but I avoid him just in time, however he hits and nearly damages the portal door by accident.

"WELL, AT LEAST WATCH THE DOOR!" I yelp as I escape another attack. I inhale as I take an invisibility glyph and slap it on myself, as a result, I poof away. Belos begins to search for me around the room. Then, I appear at the door leading outside the room.

"YOO-HOO! I'M OVER HERE, DUMBASS!" I open the door and darted through, Belos following me, almost right on top of me. I stop and turn around. Belos rises behind me and prepares to attack me, but is stopped by— vines?? Belos falls, revealing King, Willow, Gus, Amity, Luz and Hunter.