six | last ditch attempt

Start from the beginning

Both Enid and Juniper looked at her oddly, not denying nor agreeing to the proposition.

In the room, while Enid set up her computer, Wednesday pulled Juniper aside. "Do you know how to travel by wind?" She asked.

"Obviously." The dryad nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"Take Thing with you, and go to Tyler's house. I'm sure you've been to town enough number of times to know where he lives." Wednesday said. "Am I wrong?"

"No," said the dryad, "But I've not travelled by wind in ages. Can't I just pentagram my way there--?"

"It's too risky. Weems'll pick up on it like a bloodhound on the right scent," admitted Wednesday. "Go by wind, and take Thing with you. Oh, and you might want to use your true form for intimidation purposes."

Juniper rolled her eyes, "I'm only doing this because I want your escape to be smooth for my sake. If were caught, I will be skinned alive."

"I would pay good money to see that," Wednesday nodded, hands clasped in front of her. "Now go."

"Yes ma'am." Juniper nodded and took Think on her shoulder, warning, "Hold on tight, this is gonna be a little bit of a bumpy ride."

In seconds, she was a mass of green leaves and red flowers, which rustled in the wind she conjured up, to reach the house of choice. Her whole body felt like she'd been inflated with a balloon pump, and her skin tingled as if someone was tickling her with a feather duster.

She shot throught the air like a cyclone, whirling through streets of sleeping people, and alleyways of scavenging strays. She earned a few confused looks from the occasional alcoholic, honeless person, or late-night stroller, but she paid no mind to it.

She located Tyler's house. In a trice, she had placed Thing on the sill of his window, and she herself stayed in her wind form. The red flowers and leaves arranged themselves so as to look just like her, but with green skin and hair which was redder than usual.

Thing tapped on the window, and nearly was smacked to death by Tyler with a baseball bat. Juniper entered the room in half of her true form. Her fingers were curled into the twig-like claws, and her horns were evident by the side of her head, where her red hair was adorned by the poison ivy wreath she always had, making her look more like an Aries zodiac mixed with a wood nymph.

"HOLY SHIT!" The boy screamed, backing into a chair. Juniper chuckled and reduced to her normal self, making him heave a sigh of relief, "Jesus, you're terrifying. Why would you come here like a freaking Satan-themed garden fairy?!" 

"That's kind of the point, Beanpole." She laughed, fixing her hair. A glare suddenly took over her features as she pressed her claw tip to his jugular vein, "And call me a garden fairy one more time, I will make you wish you were never born." Terrified to nearly peeing himself, Tyler nodded. 

Thing then showed the boy a number on which he was to call, which he did. 

"That's Thing." Said Wednesday, answering Tyler's call.

Weirded out, the poor boy asked, "Is he, like, your pet?" 

Offended, Thing dropped down into a middle finger gesture, which spoke for itself clearly. 

"He's sensitive." She replied. 

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level." The boy said. "So, what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?"

"Desperate times. Are you still willing to help me escape?" She asked.

"After what happened today, I figured they'd have you in solitary." He replied, looking at the witch, who was picking at her nails, warily.