Chapter 5: Make Peace

[Chapter Being Edited]

Morning had finally arrived. Y/N was still being hugged by a wide-awake Twilight on his bed.

Twilight Sparkle: *thinking* He looks so cute when he's sleeping.

Y/N: How long have you been awake?

Twilight Sparkle: About an hou-

Twilight quickly cut herself off and noticed Y/N awake, turning into a blushing mess.

Twilight Sparkle: I'm s-so sorry!

Y/N: What are you apologizing for?

Twilight Sparkle: W-Well... you know... for hugging you.

Twilight said, which made Y/N smirk.

Y/N: Who said I didn't like it?

Y/N's response made Twilight blush even more.

Twilight Sparkle: WHAT?!

Y/N: *giggles* You're so easy to tease, Twilight. Anyway, we should probably get ready for school. But just so you know, I meant what I said~

Y/N said with a smirk.

Twilight Sparkle: A-Alright! And enough with the teasing!
_______________________________________________

As Y/N and Twilight made their way to the school, Spike was hiding in Twilight's backpack like last time. The morning announcements came on just as they entered the building.

Principal Celestia (On P.A. System): Good morning, students, and happy Thursday. Just a reminder to pick up your ballots for the Princess of the Fall Formal today. They are due at the time the dance starts tomorrow night, so don't forget to turn them in and make your voice be heard.

Y/N: Alright, Twilight, today we need to strategize on how to convince the students to vote for you instead of Sunset Shimmer. We need a solid plan to show them why you're the better choice.

Twilight Sparkle: Right, but how are we going to do that? Everyone here is too afraid to stand against Sunset Shimmer, and I'm new here, so no one really knows me.

Y/N: Then we'll just have to introduce you to them. That way, it'll be easier to show them that you're the type of princess this school needs. I'll vouch for you and tell everyone about you since I'm pretty well-known here.

Twilight Sparkle: Hmm, I like that plan. Hopefully, it'll work because both of our worlds are counting on me winning this thing.

As Y/N and Twilight began walking through the hallways, the other students took notice of them, and whispers started spreading among the crowd.

Tennis Match: Hey, isn't that Y/N?

Nolan North: It is.

Velvet Sky: And the new girl he's with?

Blueberry Cake: Yep, that's her. I heard they're childhood friends. And get this, she stood up to Sunset Shimmer too.

Watermelody: Seriously? She must be really brave. We all know what Sunset does to people who even glance at her the wrong way.

Curly Winds: Let me tell you this, if that girl is brave enough to backtalk Sunset Shimmer, then she's exactly the type of girl I'd want for Princess of the Fall Formal.

Indigo Wreath: Totally. If you guys are voting for her, count me in too.

The murmurs grew louder as more students noticed the pair, intrigued by the girl who dared to stand up to Sunset Shimmer. This ripple of interest was exactly what Y/N and Twilight needed to start their campaign.