Apart from the sun that was blasting its darned self on Madison's face, she looked up and came to face with her enemy. Katherine Scott.

"It's time for your doom, or isn't it?" Katherine asked, and bending down, she grabbed a fistful of Madison's hair as she said again, informing her, "I'll make sure your death is quite simple and sharp. I don't want you suffering too much. I changed my mind."

Madison said nothing, only swallowing heavily and closing her eyes; she waited for Katherine to pull the trigger.

And she almost did! Corking the gun at her forehead, Katherine said gently, a burst of manic laughter bubbling from underneath her throat, "Say your last prayers, Miss Connor."

.......

'Our boss is planning on killing the captive.'

'She tried selling the lady, but no trafficker wanted to buy her.'

'They are at the beach, and if we don't get there in time, she might be dead.'

As the words of the man they'd caught earlier rang through Damien's head, he closed his eyes solemnly as he began to pray.

He couldn't even stare out the window of the patrol car he was in as heavy dread filled him, and he imagined seeing the corpse of Madison lying on the floor in a pool of her blood.

The image was deeply ingrained in him, and with the way his gut feeling screamed danger, he couldn't get it out of his head.

As he finished mumbling his prayers, his fists clenched atop his thighs, Damien slowly opened his eyes and craned his neck towards the road.

The whole place looked almost deserted, with little buildings and shops, since it was the city's outskirts.

This was the perfect place to plan an execution, Damien could only wonder.

Katherine could kill Madison, dispose of her body in the ocean, and leave.

No one would ever know a thing except if her accomplices decided to confess someday, and that was just so unlikely.

Fury and anger raging within him, Damien gritted his teeth as he wondered why Katherine would go to such lengths to get his attention.

He'd broken up with her since and given her the memo that he was done with her, but apparently she wasn't done with him yet.

She had targeted Madison, the only person he loved so much, and decided to lay claws on her.

She'd been planning on doing this all along. From the threat letters she'd sent to Madison, and the men she'd hired to stalk the poor innocent lady, indeed Katherine must have had all her evil doings all laid out.

A hiss escaped his lips. Damien hated that he hadn't seen the warning signs that day when she'd come to his suite.

For her to stalk him all the way from New York to London and then scatter his hotel suite and sprinkle blood all over, he should have known better.

He should have known that she was a psychotic bitch, and she wouldn't stop until she got what she wanted.

"We are approaching the beach, Mr. Daniel." Someone from the front seat called out, and Damien only hummed in approval as he continued to stare out into the deserted streets.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Damien queried, turning to face the man they'd caught, and he nodded his head positively.

"If I find out that you lied... if I find out that you've brought us to a dead end, I'm going to torture you so badly and then kill you. I saw the things you lot used to torture that poor woman, and I swear on my soul yours would be much worse." Damien spat out, his eyes shooting daggers as he stared at the tied-up man sitting close to him.

His jaw gritted as he dragged his gaze back to the window, Damien's eyes widened a bit when he saw something that looked like a vehicle. Not one vehicle instead but two cars.

Two vehicles... and he could see some figures moving about.

"Sir... it seems we have them." The driver at the front seat announced yet again, and instantly Damien sat upright.

His neck craned out the car's window, and his jaw tightened when he saw the small figure of a woman he could distinctively recognize as Katherine, and then there were some other people around her.

She had... a gun!

"Stop the vehicle this instant!" Damien ordered, and just like that, the car stopped.

They were still far from Katherine and her men, so they had no idea someone was on the beach with them.

As all the cars came to a stop, Damien flung his door wide open, and without even listening to the chief detective who was saying something to him, he began to saunter forwards, running towards Katherine.

She had a gun, pointing at someone who was blindfolded and kneeling.

That same person was Madison, and his heart plummeted further.

All this while, he had still tried not to believe that Katherine was behind this, but now seeing everything clear as day, he had no reason not to believe yet again.

Katherine did want to kill Madison. Katherine had abducted the woman he loved the most, and inexplicably hate, and anger filled Damien's heart.

He regretted the day he'd met Katherine, and as a drop of tear fell down his cheeks, he continued to walk forward, his legs shaking. Even from a distance, he could see her hand shaking, and if she so much as pulled the trigger of the shotgun in her grip, then it would be over.

He would watch Madison die, clearly in front of him, and Damien knew if that should happen, he would never be the same again. He might even pick up a gun from anywhere, shoot Katherine, and after that, he would kill himself. Maybe, then he would atone for all the sins he'd committed. That would be the end of the tragic love story between him and Madison and...

"No!" He yelled, and only then did he get the attention of Katherine and her minions.

They all turned to look at him, jaws dripping open in shock as they squinted their brows from the distance while Damien kept running towards them like he was drunk.

"Who are..."

"Katherine! It's me, Damien! Katherine, stop!" He screamed out loud, his breath shaking as he fell to the floor in despair, and his hands raised up in surrender as tears flowed down his cheeks; he said again, "Please, Katherine! Katherine, stop!"

His pleas echoed through the empty beach, and he could hear the footsteps of his men coming from behind, but even then he didn't stop begging.

"Please, Katherine... please don't pull the trigger. Please don't!"

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕