Prologue

Franny was in a whole sense of pain as sat numbly on the silver rectangular rock as large peachwaddlers fumbled with her hurt fin and her maimed feathers. She was glad these peachwaddlers had saved her from those ferocious dogs that had thought she was a squawky toy.

The peachwaddlers had put various white stuff and long streaks of feathers over her wounds and she was placed behind a large barrier and sent off to the small world.

The first person she had met was White, and White was the most beautiful penguin she had ever seen. White was a zoo-born for many generations. He was courageous, funny, and knowledgeable. Franny took an immediate liking to him, and him to her.

Franny finally got the 'bandage' as White called it, off, and she started to run for the ball and help the keepers of the zoo out whenever little peachwaddlers came to see her.

The zoo was very nice, but she would always prefer the ocean.

Meanwhile....

"Peggi!"

"Phil!"

He ran together with his love, dodging the netting as he waddled across the rocks, holding her flipper. "Peggi, just keep running you can do this! We can save our egg together. We just need to get to our egg before him!"

"Ahhh!"

"Peg, he's coming...." He looked back as his love was pulled out of his flipper, scrambling on rocks as she slipped dangerously close to the cliff edge, "what happened?!" As he started to turn back towards his love and waddle back, a white figure started to climb the ledge they were suspended on.

"Run, Phil! Keep going!" His love chirped nervously, climbing back on the cliff and walking with open arms towards the suited man.

"No, wait, stop!" He yelled.

"Don't look back, my love!" His love sighed, waddling with a purpose towards the man who was dangerously close to scaling the end of the cliff edge.

"No please!" He held out his flipper at her.

"This is part of Akeldama's plan, a ploy to deceive you to reach his final goal-" His love warned and she flew back, tipping into the white man's arms.

"Peggi!"

•••••

As the blue penguin ran across the sandy beach, stumbling over the oh so familiar rocks leading up to the ledge, he bit back tears, thinking of how people had taken his mate and his egg. He hadn't even gotten to name the egg, but he remembered knowing the chick was a boy.

Behind him, an older white suited man covered in white mesh ran after him, taking huge strides to get closer to the fleeing bird. At first glance, it would seem that he was trying to capture a penguin but his intent was far more complicated. The penguin dove into the cold, stingy water which was clear that the white creature would not follow.

The white suited man stood at the edge of the beach as the penguin dove away and grinned behind his mask. "Little penguin, don't I remember the first time you tried to evade me," he sneered, and under his breath, he whispered, "Peggi and Flight are alive-"

Somehow, the penguin understood him and replied in a series of angry chirps and squawks, swimming in circles before ultimately hobbling out of the freezing sea and onto land. "This is part of Akeldama's plan, a ploy to deceive you to reach his final goal-" he remembered, as he took a tentative step towards the white figure in mock surrender.

The penguin had a simple plan. It would just be an in and out mission. He would get captured, escape from the white figure, find Peggi and his son, and escape from his jail.

Suddenly, a thought crossed his head. This was a terrible idea! How could a tiny penguin like me escape from Akeldama? It disappeared straight away as he stepped into the waiting arms of the enemy, and there was no going back.