alternate chapter

note: this isn't a real chapter, it was one written a while ago but got scrapped and I just wanted to share it lol before the epilogue.

ELENA CASSANO

My frown deepened as I looked over my shoulder once more. Suddenly everything about last night came rushing back in an amazing, heated rush. In the kitchen, I grabbed his gun—the same gun he never went anywhere without. He always made sure to hide it beneath his pillow each tonight but last night, he completely let his guard down.

Just like I expected.

A car horn pulled my attention, and I stepped out of the hotel room, and walked out. Leaving my goddamn heart in the room, in the hands of the man I claimed to hate.

I forced myself to take a deep breath and tried to make myself think of everything other than the man I had fucked over. The ride to the airport was a mere thirty minutes and by the time I arrived, I had given myself enough pep talk to get on with the plan.

I would take Sin's private jet to any country he wouldn't be able to find me. It didn't matter where. Expect I hadn't planned to be chased down by him. I should have expected it. Sin was a man that didn't say anything he didn't mean. And so, when I caught a glimpse of those icy blue eyes down there, I knew I was royally fucked.

My gaze dragged across the runaway, so many feet below. My heart shattered. Froze. It felt like I'd taken a blow from a knife. It started to sink, and ache. Rotting in my chest. He had his dark dress shirt wildly untucked, dark pants, and almost black hair looked like it had been ran through multiple times.

The look on his eyes... it was filled with whispers of nightmares and dangerous intentions. A dark red rage blazed inside those icy blue eyes. A violent shiver exploded through my body. I honestly didn't care that he found me, because I knew I wouldn't have made it five feet without Sin finding out about his jet.

It was the way he was looking at me. Like he was going to hold me down and fuck the living hell out of me. He looked betrayed. Shattered. Disbelieving.

The dark red rage turned into something worse, and slowly, I could feel something inside my chest break. And suddenly, I knew I'd been an idiot forever thinking I could be just causal with this man. It'd all been a pretty little lie, and I'd swallowed the whole thing.

I could feel my heart hammering in my chest as the sound of his Oxfords got closer. The relief in my chest dropped to something small and fierce lunged at me the second the doors opened. Rough palms got close to me before I could say anything and held my wrist with a tight grip.

"Sin." I started but paused when I felt the cold metal around my wrist. I looked down and frowned.

The bastard had handcuffed me to the chair.

Anger brimmed inside my stomach. "Sin! I wasn't even going to--"

"Do not finish that sentence."

I gulped.

Those malicious eyes swept me in one dark look. My stomach fluttered at the way his jaw clenched painfully, the heavy sound of his breathing as his chest rose and fell.

"Sit." He commanded in that raspy voice. I sat down on instinct swallowing the words I actually meant to say to him. "You're going to keep that mouth of yours shut. You understand?"

"Yes." I bit out through clenched teeth. Because what else could I have said?

He ran his tongue over his lip and gently threw me into the seat. "Look at that. She listens after all."