Done

WARNING: This chapter is very angsty. Very angsty. Made me cry writing it

Adalynn watched as a man in black came around the corner before all the rest of the lights went out in the garage. Grunts and groans could be heard as Matt's blacked out figure danced and flipped around in the dark.

She should feel joy, happiness that he was rescuing her. She should feel proud that despite being blind, he is somehow still able to beat up Bart and all the bad guys.

But she felt nothing.

She watched as he froze when another figure flipped into the garage . Adalynn watched as he stood still, almost intimidated by the other woman's presence; and she knew right then and there what was going on.

"Figure you could use some help, Matthew," she called. Adalynn's words were caught in her throat as she watched the woman saunter over to her;  she felt helpless as the woman pulled out a small light, her blade catching the dim light as she worked the ropes around her ankles and legs.

"I had it all under control," he grumbled, pulling Adalynn up from the chair. Pulling the black mask off his face, he smiled before pulling her into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry my-"

"Get off of me,"  she spat, tears catching in her throat once more as she pushed him away. Feeling a small hand on her lower back, she turned to see the other woman.

She was gorgeous; long silky black hair and olive skin. Her red mask covered the lower half of her face, only to leave her sultry eyes open for any man to fall in love with. She had heard an accent fall from her lips with her words, and she knew exactly who this was.

"You stay away from me too," she choked out. Her whole world felt as if it was crashing down in that moment. She knew who the black haired woman was; Elektra. Her and Matt had a fling in college when the two had a break. He only left her to get back with Adalynn when Elektra tried to make him kill someone.

"I'm calling Sami to come get me," she mumbled. She knew damn well that Matt could hear her as she rummaged through the pile of shit the men had taken from her, determined to find her phone.

"Adalynn! Holy hell I was about four seconds away from flying up there and burning the whole state of-"

"Sami, I need to get away. I need you." The line went silent for a few seconds as Adalynn walked towards the exit of the garage, blood still trickling down her nose and out of her split lip. Her bare feet padded against the cement, careful to avoid the large broken chunks and holes within the floor.

"Send me your location and I'll be there in twenty with KitKats and a bottle of wine. Need clothes?" Sami asked. Humming in acknowledgment, Adalynn quickly swallowed the lump within her throat as Matt called her name, desperation dripping from his words as if they were a thick honey falling from a spoon.

She felt lost, broken, betrayed. All those years and who knows how many secrets had been kept from her. She tried her best to love him as he was, even on days where she didn't feel loved at all by the world. And yet, here she was, walking out of an abandoned car park after being kidnapped because the one man who was suppose to protect her wasn't there.

"Adalynn, wait please!" Matt called out, his hand wrapping around her bicep. Her blood began to boil as she spun around to face him; he had not a scratch on him from fighting all those idiots, and it made her question again if he was really blind.

"What do you want Matthew? You want me to hug you and kiss you and thank you for saving me?"

"Addi please baby, let me-"