Guiding Light X Sick!Reader (Fluff)

Start from the beginning

"What is this noise you continue to emit? Is this to disrespect me? To mark your territory?" Guiding Light huffed, a few feather ruffled.

If (Y/n) had the breath to do so, they would've laughed,"It's called coughing; it's involuntary and I physically cannot breathe. My lungs ache and I want to be shot. Please help."

A black pulsed through their vision as Guiding Light cautiously eyed them,"What is it you mean by 'cannot breathe'? Do you require some aid?"

"Yes." (Y/n) stated,"Yes, I require 'aid'. First Aid."

Picking the human up bridal style, Guiding Light wrapped their arms around them. Having a physical body, they felt the burning of (Y/n)'s skin, taking it as an indication of illness.

"Do you believe any antibiotic could help nurse you back to health?" They asked, orbing away into the infirmary.

Being teleported to the infirmary made (Y/n)'s head spin. The feeling of not existing and then existing again was very strange, and being moved through space-time like that messed with their heartbeat. Maybe it wasn't, maybe it was something else.

Setting the human onto a bed, Guiding Light got to work retrieving medication that would help clear it up. They brought box upon box of different pills, not knowing any way to differentially them except for by name.

"Just some soup, a hot water bottle and a nice hug should do, but I can't get that here." (Y/n) groaned, pulling the blanket up to their chest as they shivered.

Their bones needed a moment to readjust to being in their flesh, as weird as it sounded.

Guiding Light's shining eyes were locked onto them again, as they questioned,"Why would those items be of aid? Is it starvation and self-neglect the cause of this condition?"

"A fever, or a cold. Probably because I was outside." (Y/n) muttered, wondering if Guiding Light would give them a hug as they'd requested.

The holy being pondered, thinking about whether they should have soup in a bowl or a cup. Their pondering gaze reflected how deeply they were taking the question.

"What soup would you like? I have access to any and all soup flavours." Guiding Light proposed, facing another direction.

"(F/s) soup, please!" (Y/n) chirped,"It's my favourite soup, literally."

Guiding Light disappeared, returning once again with soup and a large hot water bottle.

Graciously, (Y/n) stuffed the hot water bottle under the blanket to warm them, and they took the soup they were given. Guiding Light had been generous enough to butter three rounds of fluffy bread which they were handed.

Dipping the bread into the soup, they popped it into their mouth. It was the right heat to eat, and the right thickness.

They continued to eat as Guiding Light faced the window, staring out at the rain.

How can a human be wounded by water droplets?

Spooning up the soup, they ate it. The flavour was just right and they enjoyed it more than they felt they would. Maybe it was Guiding Light's presence or the fact they fetched it?

"..where's the last thing I asked for..?" (Y/n) piped up, setting the empty soup bowl aside onto the counter.

Guiding Light returned their focus to the human,"What was the last thing you requested? Pray tell."

"A hug? Please." (Y/n) extended their arms, tilting their head to a side questioningly.

"A..'hug'? Why would one be of interest to you, human? We have no relation. I am a humble guide to you, not an acquaintance or a friend. Why do you desire closeness with me?"

"I dunno..it'll make me feel better." (Y/n) shrugged,"Please?"

Reluctantly, Guiding Light hovered over to them, wrapping their arms around the quaint human. When they did, they realised how small and fragile the human was, consisting of blood, bones and skin. Of course they wanted a hug; they weren't feeling at their best and desired a companion.

"Human, I apologise. I should have been more considerate of your feelings and your vulnerable state. Forgive me." Guiding Light apologised, a sympathetic sound.

Nestled close to their chest, (Y/n) was comfortable,"I just want you to have a friend. You seem lonely just existing here."

"It..gets very lonely when you're forbidden from interacting with humans, the only sentients in the complex. It is a wretched fate." Guiding Light hissed, disheartened at their own words.

There was a chord of pity struck with (Y/n),"I'll be your friend. Screw the rules and whoever made them. I'm here to say and prove the rules have changed."

"..Yes. Screw the rules; the rules have changed, I like that." Guiding Light grins at the concept of changing the rules in their favour.

Cuddling close to Guiding Light, (Y/n) closes their eyes,"I'm gonna take a nap. But I'll get back to screwing the rules when I wake up."

"I like what you're inferring. Before you drift off, can I request your name? You look familiar to me, and you did insist you have visited in the past." Guiding Light asked, genuinely invested in this friendship.

"I'm (Y/n)." They blankly stated.

"Well, (Y/n). Do you mind if I take a nap as well to spite the rules?" Guiding Light requested, rubbing their chin against (Y/n)'s hair.

Tackling Guiding Light playfully, they wrestled them until the back of their head was on the pillows and they were spooning together.

"Might as well. Anyway, goodnight. And, thanks for taking care of me." (Y/n) smirked, closing their eyes.

Satisfied, Guiding Light closed their eyes too,"Goodnight human."