17. Realising the stupidity

Start from the beginning

"Same to you ms anika. You look gorgeous " he shook her hand placing a kiss on the back of her palm. She smiled awkwardly at the gusture. Anika looked shivaay who looked back her at the same time.

"Shivaay you didn't tell me she is your girlfriend last time we met. It's not fair. You hid such a big thing from me" Mallika exclaimed breaking their eye lock. They averted the gaze to Mallika. Shivaay's hand were still on anika's waist much to her dismay.

"Sorry malli" anika clenched her hand at the nick name. She was not liking shivaay talking to her. She searched about their relationship in these two days on internet. Don't know it was gossip or not but it showed they were couple and even reached at the stage of engagement but broke it off suddenly.

"You don't consider me as your friend. If you were you would have said this to me instead of hiding it" she sniffed as tears rolled down.

Anika honestly thought shivaay would rush to her side and take her in a hug consoling her but instead she got a shock seeing daniel kissing her forehead taking her in a side hug wiping her tears.

Why is everything happening in reverse

"Is she okay" shivaay asked.

"Mood swings" daniel whispered caressing her hair. " You should be happy for your friend. He found a better half for him. Such a cry baby you are. I wonder how my baby will cope up with his all time crying mumma" He said chuckling only to get beaten on his chest by Mallika.

Shivaay smiled looking at their little moments. "Let's not disturb them" shivaay whispered in anika's ear. His breath fanned on her cheek causing it to turn red. She nodded and went with him.

He guided her to the balcony. He stood there placing his hand on the railings. The balcony has an unexplainable relation with them. This is where he proposed her, and the first time he met her.

"I told dad many times i don't like to attend business parties. Still he drags me to such stupid boring party." Anika mumbled walking to the balcony of the party hall. It was her father's award winning party.

She stood on the railings enjoying the scenery outside. The view of nature is calm and soothing unlike the noisy party happening inside. Her father booked a beachside resort considering her love towards beach.

"Sir mr Lucas is standing there. We have to greet him." Vivek said walking beside his boss aka shivaay.
Shivaay nooded walking ahead buttoning his suit. His eyes suddenly falls on a lonely figure standing in the balcony from the dressing he can say it is a girl. Her red dress which reached till her knees and the hair which curled at the end flowed till her waist. His legs automatically dragged to her side.

He placed his hand on the railings standing beside her. She sensed someone beside her and turned to his side.

"Hi" she greeted. By his look she can say he is a big business man. She wasn't someone who is impolite. He nodded his head staring ahead. "Does his teeth loses by saying a hi. Stupid" anika muttered walking away. A small smile formed on his face hearing her cursing him. She looked cute with that face.

"What are you thinking. I was calling you from so long" anika placed her hand on his elbow breaking away his thoughts.

"Nothing" he shook his head. If he says he knows her way before, it was indirectly saying he knows she being a singhaniya. It will destroy all her plans. So he can pretend for a while that he doesn't know her.

"What are you up to" he suddenly asked.

"Huh?"

"The show you put up infront of Mallika and her husband" shivaay asked.

"Husband?" Anika stared him shockingly. Suddenly everything ran on her mind. Moodswings, baby. So Mallika is mrs daniel and his baby's mother.

You stupid anika think about the scene you made two days before. You literally gave shivaay a heart attack by your behaviour. Mallika is married and have her own family. That's why adi calls you stupid. You do everything before you thinks.

She bits her tongue mentally face-palming.

"So...so you thought I am having an affair with Mallika. That's why you are avoiding me for two days." shivaay chuckled. Anika felt the earth should have swallowed her inside. This was embarrassing.

"No"

"Yes"

"I said no"

Anika rushed out of the balcony embarrassed inorder to avoid his teasing. Shivaay's lips let out a laugh as he followed her.

-------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter guys. Recently i fell down and broke my leg. So i have plenty of time to write.

                  - Anagha Krishna ♥️ -