14. Long lost friends

The climate in London was mildly cold and pleasent. People around are walking in thick clothes to keep their body warm. Anika sat on one of the benches lying around. She is looking beautiful in her white sweater and blue bottom. Her hand moved flawlessly as she scribbled something in her notebook.

Anika and her teammates landed on the London airport by morning nine past thirty. When her colleagues were collecting their luggage while enjoying the ambience of london, anika appeared to be less excited. Maybe she was missing someone or maybe not. At the last minute vivek informed shivaay wouldn't be coming with them. He had an urgent meeting came up which made him cancel his trip.

As they reached the hotel they were staying, everyone freshened up and went out to explore except Anika.She stayed in her room saying she doesn't feel well. They looked at her wierdly. She was the one more excited till they reached the Mumbai airport. However the excitement gradually decreased as they reached London.

Her thoughts drifted to shivaay, his smile that comes rarely in his face, him asking her out,their coffee dates, lunch dates. Suddenly it striked her mind.

Why was she thinking about him? She never thought one day she would replace all the things in her mind with one person. Now a days she was not behaving like herself. Shivaay occupied most of her brain. When she was working she would stare at the meeting room adjacent to their department to get a glimpse of him. A slight glimpse of him would make her day better. she is behaving like a love sick teenager these days.

Anika raised her head and looked into the left side when she felt someone sitting beside her. Her eyes widened seeing the person.

"GAURI" anika exclaimed getting up from her seat and engulfing her in hug. A smile played on gauri's lips seeing her best friend after a long time.

"I missed you." anika sniffed in gauri's embrace. She met gauri during high school. She was a transfer student came to her school because her father was in army. She tagged along with her parents wherever they work. Anika and she hit it off in the first meeting itself. By growing days their friendship deepened. Both were each other's secret keeper and crying shoulders.

"Oyy stupid why didn't you give me a call if you missed me very much" gauri broke the hug poking her forehead lightly.

"I was busy with my new job. It was all new to me and i have to figure out everything is on my own. Sorry" anika said breaking the hug.

"I know" gauri shrugged. Anika narrowed her eyes. She didn't get time to tell gauri about her new job in oberoi industries. It was always a painful topic to her. Mentioning about om let alone Oberoi mansion can be like rubbing salt in old wounds

"How?" It came out as a whisper from anika's mouth.

"Adi" she said.

"That son of bitch" anika gritted her teeth pulling out her phone to give him a call.

Gauri held her hand preventing from scolding aditya.
"No don't call him now. I literally blackmailed him to spat out the matter. you can't curse him like that. Calling him son of bitch, you are directly saying your mom is a bitch"

"I shouldn't have accepted the job after knowing everything. I am sorry gauri"

"I told you it's fine right? Moreover we can't mix personal life with professional. I want to see you reaching into your dream. Take it as the first step. Don't think about anything else. It's all in the past"

"Aii Look at me i forgot to ask you why you are here in all the Chaos. Where is advi?" Anika asked looking around with hope to see the little girl who always tag behind her mother.

"She is with naman in the room. That girl never leave him even for one second. He was like her living toy. Don't know what they made my room looks like" gauri walked inside the hotel dragging anika with her.

Anika chuckled at her bestie's impatience to reach her room and tagged along with her.

********

"Once again sorry mr.Shivaay. We know you have an important program but still we held you up. My daughter is sick , i can't go back to home without finishing the meeting. That's why I urged to prepone it." Arman Khurrana, an leading industrialist and shivaay's new business partner said.

"It's okay mr.Khurrana.i can totally understand you. I hope your daughter is fine" shivaay asks

"Thanks for asking, She is fine for now. My daughter has a weak immune system since she was born. It seems fine earlier now it worsened again. I want to reach there and be with my wife and daughter as soon as possible" he said. Shivaay was impressed by him. He was not only a good businessman but also a great father and husband too.

"Sir the flight is in half an hour" mr khurrana's assistant comes to him and says

" It's nice to meeting you mr.Oberoi. Let's catch up later" he says extending his hand to him.

"Sure. It's nice to meeting you too" shivaay shook his hand with him.

As he walked away shivaay rubbed his temple to correct the creases on his forehead. He was hell tired all these week preponing the meetings scheduled for next two weeks. The fashion week was an important project to them. He can't leave it halfway or hand over it to some random employees. He took the initiative to join with the crew for the show.

Shivaay should have gone with them if this meeting didn't came in his way. He had to deal with the emergency meeting so he had missed his flight in the early morning. Now that it's finished he can't wait to fly away.

If it was previous shivaay Singh Oberoi he wouldn't have attended such fashion shows instead he will send his assistant away. Arrival of anika unknowingly evoked the hidden shivaay in him. It was like he has two version.

"Sir the flight is booked for afternoon. You can take some rest in the lauche. I will call you by the time" vivek said.

He saw shivaay rubbing his temple time to time. Sleep deprivation caught him very well. Working with shivaay for almost 8 years vivek knows his habits and daily routine. He was a person who takes less break. In the 24 hours a day he mostly spent 18 hours working.

He nodded his head walking into the room that joined with his office to take a break.

He indeed needed some sleep......

------------------------------------------------

Hi guys I am back......

So gauri entered into the picture let's see how will it go....

Shivaay was in the extreme level. He urged to complete every works Inorder to be with anika to show his support in her show

                 - Anagha Krishna ♥️ -