12. Let's be friends

"Sir the meeting will start in next 20 minutes" Vivek urged shivaay. Vivek was on leave due to personal matters for a whole week. Most of the time shivaay drove himself to her apartment This was the first time he meeting her in the morning that too because shivaay said to drove into her apartment instead of their morning meeting with American clients, who came especially for shivaay. Vivek wondered what changed between them that shivaay started giving priority to her than his business.

She came out of the building in her regular kurti and leggings. Vivek started the car thinking she will be traveling with them. But instead of it she turned right moving to the parking area to retrieve her bike. Vivek astonished looking shivaay who has no reaction probably because his focus was on anika.

" Let's go" he said when she left the premises. Vivek took a deep breath calming down his nerves. Nothing will go inside shivaay's mind as for now.

He drove away the car looking shivaay through the rear mirror. Shivaay was engrossed in his phone. Vivek looked at his watch, it was fifteen past nine. The meeting was on nine. They were already late for 15 minutes. He turned the steering and increased the speed.

"Sir if you don't mind can I ask you something?" Vivek asked. He was curious about the ongoing relationship of these two.

"Go ahead" shivaay replied. Now he was reading a file which will be needed for the meeting held later.

"What happened between you and miss anika that changed your whole view about women. You always said women are troublesome and waste of time before."

He didn't reply anything but laughed away shrugging it off. Before meeting anika he was an annoying, arrogant man who was so full of himself. But now the tables turned they started meeting since their first date.

Shivaay being a straightforward person he asked her out again the next day itself. Anika got scared of his sudden approach that she started to avoid him everywhere.

"Sir we reached" Vivek called out breaking his thoughts. He looked at the sorrounding. The car stopped infront of the 30 storey building. He got out of the car and walked inside. Vivek parked the car and trailed behind him.

Shivaay pushed the button and waited for the lift to open. After a few moments he felt someone standing beside him. He turned towards the side. It was anika, her white sleevless kurti which has pink flower print on it paired up with pink bottoms made her look pretty and fresh as a blooming rose.

"Good morning sir" she turned to his side and greeted him formally. He too maintained his professionalism and nodded his head.

The lift opened and they got inside. Anika pushed the button to 6th floor. The design department was staying there. The lift started moving upwards. Anika knowing she wasn't standing alone become consious under his gaze.

Anika stood there while her eyes focused on the moving numbers while shivaay stared her. He had enough of her ignorance. It's true that he also made his ego come first. But then he thought she will take initiative when he ignore her. But alas she never did that. Vivek looked between them and signed.

The lift stopped on the sixth floor and anika walked out. Before she turns away shivaay pulled her inside and the lift closed again. Anika's eyes widened at the unexpected movement.

"What are you doing sir" she asked gritting her teeth.

"Shivaay! I told you to call me shivaay " he said.

"But in office we need to maintain our professionalism. Just because you are my friend's brother I can't call you that." She replied.

"Why are you avoiding me" he asked grabbing her hand.