Chapter 45: Childhood Friends

Instead of waiting for Hanzo, I waited for her.

“Mika, was it?” Why does it ring a bell? I swear, I have heard it somewhere before.

Tinignan niya lang ako mula ulo hanggang paa saka nagpatuloy sa pag-aayos ng silya.

Hanzo was out to for a while. Sabi niya may bibilhin daw siya so I took the chance to squeeze the lemon out of her.

“I thought you were gonna wait for Hanzo,” aniya ng wala man lang ka-emo-emosyon. She wiped the table clean and after, she carried the tray full of empty cups.

“Nah. I can't even get close to him.” Sarkastikong pagpaparinig ko.

She smirked. “Right.” And walked past me so I followed her instead.

“You seem to know about this place well. Madalas ka ba dito dati?” Nakakunot noo kong tanong. I feel so icky today. Feel ko anumang oras masasabunutan ko ʼtong babae na ʼto kung hindi siya titigil kakataray sa akin.

“Dati? It's my first time working here. Why do you ask?” Sunod niyang ginawa ay ayusin ang mga gamit sa working station.

“Nothing,” Tsk. She probably worked here already. I'm sure! Nagpapaka-cool lang ito sa harap ko para magmukhang astig.

“Really? Why does it seem like you're trying to get through me?” Her eyes expressed an interest. “May gusto ka bang malaman tungkol sa amin ni Hanzo?”

Napanganga ako sa sinabi niya. I heard her giggle. Damn, this woman knows how to play my game.

“No! I just wanted to get to know you more. Nagtatrabaho din ako dito by the way.” I extended my hand out, kung hindi niya rin aabutin, pipilitin ko.

She did accept my handshake. “Mika. I guess you were observing how I work?”

“Hmm... You can say that. Base on my observation, you need to enhance your communication skills more. Medyo tagilid ka dʼon e.” He asked for feedback, I provided one.

She looked serious but it broke into a gentle laughter. Why is her laugh soothing? Am I being hypnotized right now?

“I'm sorry. I didn't know I should engage more with the customers. Ganoon ka ba magtrabaho?” Aniya sa nanunuyang boses.

Her words are really offending. She has that certain sound she uses everytime she insults me. Ako pa nga yata ang nainsulto sa paraan ng pagtawa at pagtitig niya sa akin. And what does she mean by that?

“Y-yeah?” Ngumiti na lang ako ng pilit. I can feel the rage growing inside me. Forget the sabunot, masasakal ko na talaga ʼto!

“You seem to be interested about my personal life because you kept asking questions about me. How about you? What's your relationship with Hanzo?” Lumingon siya sandali habang pinupunasan gamit ang towel sa vending machine.

“H-ha? Relationship? Walang kami!” I shook my head harshly saka inekis ang dalang kamay ko.

She just chuckled by the way I reacted.

Damn, she's fine. Ano lang naman ako? Payatot na may dalawang burol sa dibdib. This fight was never fair in the first place. I hate her.

Silence grew over us. Wala na naman siyang ekspresyon sa kaniyang mukha. This expression reminds me of someone.

Napatitig na rin lang ako sa kaniya so I couldn't stop admiring at how enticing her back profile is. Lagpas baywang ang kaniyang kulay itim at kumikinang na buhok. She had curves under those apron. Nakakainggit! She had perfect long legs na papasang model sa runway. And damn, her side profile is dangerous. Nakakamatay ang tangos ng kaniyang ilong. She tucked her hair behind her ear at malapit pa akong mapaluhod sa kaniyang ginawa. It would be illegal to be this gorgeous.