Chapter 50: The Chaotic Crew

Zacznij od początku

Lorenzo shrugged, adjusting his eyeglasses as he extended a hand to Mossberg.

"I only bought him a strawberry cream sandwich," Mossberg admitted with a goofy smile. "The rest is mine."

Lorenzo took the strawberry sandwich. I really thought Lorenzo was timid but he's getting along well with Mossberg. I found out later that they have four classes together.

"Can't believe I'm in the cafeteria with The Champion," Clifford said, leaning back on his chair like a contented cat. Every once in a while, someone would come up or stop by our table to greet him and Mossberg. "Never had this much attention on my way before and I don't think I find it to my liking."

Mossberg: "Right?"

Lorenzo: "Shut up."

Champion: "I was a nobody in my freshman year but Mossberg became a celebrity almost immediately."

Mossberg: "People love the stupid puppy type. Master's a nerd in real life. All the profs love him though, even the coach."

It wasn't the only reason though. Champion once mentioned that Mossberg originally played basketball throughout his entire high school athletic career and only moved to swimming in college when someone complimented his feet, saying that it was ideal for swimming. Only Mossberg would do something like that.

Lorenzo: "I wish I was loved."

Clifford: "Jesus loves you."

Lorenzo: "I love you too, man."

Clifford: "Love you."

I watched them send kisses to each other, shaking my head. Champion glanced at me while sipping his iced water. "The other famous guy's keeping quiet.

"What the hell. Infamous, more like. What the hell did I do in my previous life?"

"You really caused a commotion earlier? In the lobby? I could've seen it but I always come here from gate three," Mossberg said. I think Conrad's staying put right now.

"I have no excuse. That was idiotic."

"They said a bodyguard pointed a gun on your head."

"What?! That's crossing the line. . .r-right. . .?" Mossberg stammered, his pale lips trembling, when he caught himself turning to look at the vacant seat right next to him.

"Don't hold back," Lorenzo smiled at him. "Conrad will get upset if you exclude him from our convo."

Moss glanced at Clifford who nodded in encouragement. "Lorenzo told me about you guys. All good things."

"T-thanks. He thinks it's wrong and you should sue."

Clifford and Lorenzo pointed at him, nodding in agreement.

"Austin didn't do anything? Can't control his own dogs?" Champion asked before I could stop him. I caught a quick glance between Lorenzo and Clifford but they kept their mouths shut.

"She's helpless. They don't even treat her as the boss," I said, glaring at Champion. He bit his lip to stop another big laugh.

"Didn't it occur to you that a stunt like that could backfire on you? Her parents could just force her to transfer or worse, get homeschooled, Gen."

"It's already backfired, okay? I almost got shot."

Champion sighed, shaking his head.

"Are you supposed to be goofing off like this? It's hell week, and you're prioritizing something else instead of your exams?"