So Many Mistakes. ✔️

Chapter 31:
EDITED
Carlton's P.O.V
Bags packed, plane ticket, passport, phone I was more then ready to go.

The last step in my entire plan, tell my mother. I had no idea how she was going to take this, she could be super understanding, supportive, or she could kill me.

I walk to her study. Knock on the door and enter, Mum sits there in the big black leather chair, glasses on and paper work on her desk. She smiles upon my arrival.

"Carlton, to what do I owe this pleasure?" She asks putting her glasses on her head.

"We need to talk, Mum" I say

"Yes I was going to call for you when you knocked, you go first" she nods

"I'm moving to Nepal for a little while, help in the best way I can, might go do a tour of America. I feel I have a chance at a new life and I've made so many mistakes"

She sighs and looks at me "I thought this was what would happen"

"You.....did?"

She nods "I know everything was bad with Amy, and you have had a failed marriage and a failed engagement, maybe Nepal will do you some good"

"Thanks, Mum"

"This is my fault" she sighs "I should have done more, I haven't been a good mother to you."

"You haven't been the worst" I smile

"Your father he would be so much better at this than me. He'd know exactly how to handle this situation. I just don't think you can run away from the responsibility of being a father." She says

"How did you...know?" I asked

Amy's pregnancy was a big shock and reality check for me, she is carrying my child, my daughter Alice. I didn't know how to handle it, I think I'm doing the right thing by staying away and it blows up in my face, I'm not a good person, I'm not a good decision maker and I'm certainly not father material. That baby and Amy deserve so much better than what I can give them.

*Flash back*
Amy had left to do something and Stephanie had returned.

"Carlton" she smiled "It's good to finally be able to talk"

I stared at this disgrace of a woman the woman who had broke my heart. Stephanie quite honestly was the love of my life, I gave her all I had, money, holidays, my love. It really broke me when I figured out her whole plan.

Her whole plan was to make me fall head over heels for her, she would save the money I gave her, get engaged to me and then she was going to leave. Her last painful game? Was to marry my second cousin, George so she could always be close enough to know what I was doing with out really having to talk to me.

"I can't say the pleasure is all mine" I stood up "What do you want?"

"What makes you think I want something?" She says picking up photos in my room, she picks up one of my mother and I and stares at it.

"Because the only time you ever want to talk is when you want something, I do know you, the real ugly twisted you."

"I must not have been that bad, you fell in love with me didn't you?"

"Worst mistake of my life" I smile

She looses her teasing smile. "I'm here because I did some digging"