Regrets ✔️

Chapter 11
Edited
"I'm so sorry Ames" Chloe says holding out flowers as she stood in her funeral dress. "I love Jayne like she was my second mother."

"She loved you like you were her second daughter" I smile hugging my best friend

"She really was a wonderful person." Chloe says "I hope you know that"

"I do" I say.

It was the day of my mum's funeral. And I was a wreck. I just didn't want to believe that I was saying Goodbye.

I take a final look in the mirror, my hair in a perfect bun, and a black lace dress. I give a small curt nod- can you ever be ready? To lay a person you love so dearly to rest?

I walk with Chloe to the front of the palace, rain pours but that didn't stop the cameras flashing at my arrival. I dab at my eyes. Didn't these people have a brain my mother just passed away and they want a story? A story fine you know what I'll give them something to write about-

Carlton grabbed my arm, "They want you to lash out, scream, cry, because then they get a good story and find a flaw. Yeah they have no brain, but today isn't the day to address the press. Today is about honouring Jayne."

I look at him and nod. I enter the car, as soon as the door closes I attack Martin "The flowers on the coffin have to be white and pink roses they were her favourite and you have to play my girl by the temptations that was her favourite song"

Martin nods "It's all sorted Amy."

"You have to make sure please Martin" I begged "She deserves a perfect service"

*Flash back*
Amy dropped her school bag on the floor, her shoulders had been killing her- the bruises hadn't healed. Her fathers car was gone which was usual he was mostly asleep, and Amy and Jacob were never allowed to make much noise anymore. Jacob put a protective hand around his little sister, she was eleven and he was fourteen and he could defend himself that was what he thought anyway. He saw the broken glass first.
"Amy, be careful"
A tear slid down Amy's cheek "Where's Mummy?"
Jacob saw her first lying on the floor blood on her forehead, Amy screamed
Jacob got ice for his mother and when he came back his mother was hugging Amy tightly the little girl was terrified that she had lost her Mum.
"I'm alright sweetie I won't let him kill me" *

Jacob and I had done the best we could to organise the funeral but in the end we didn't now really know who to tell. My dad was so strict with her, she lost all of her friends. So mainly it was me, Jacob, Chloe, Mary and Martin and......grandad if he chooses to come. But Mary had been generous paying for all the costs, making sure she was sent off in the most respectful way possible. I spied my grandad in the corner.

I rush up to him "Grandad what are you doing here?" I ask hugging him tightly.

My grandad and my Mum didn't really ever get along he hated my dad and I don't blame him.

"Amy you've grown up so much" he says hugging me "My girl look at you"

"Did he do this to her? Is he the reason my baby girl is gone?"

"No, he's not, she was very ill we left him awhile ago" I tell him

"Carlton!" I call he comes over "Grandad I would like you to meet my fiancé, Carlton Myers."

They shake hands and I leave them to talk and go over to Chloe and Mason and pick him up and cuddle him "Is that your Grandfather?"

"Yeah I'm surprised he even came" I say rocking him gently "Mum hasn't spoken to him in almost twelve years"