Moving on ✔️

Chapter 28:
4 months later..
I arrive at the hospital with a bunch of flowers, Chloe finally had her babies. I moved in to a nice apartment and now have my dream job as a interior designer.

Heading to room 6B I walk into the room smiling widely at Chloe who has one baby on one arm another in the other and one asleep on her lap.

I hand her the bunch of flowers and tickle on one of the baby's stomachs "This is Ainsley Dolton" Chloe says handing me a baby in a pink blanket.

Ainsley has Chloe's eyes and Tyler's nose she's absolutely adorable. She stars crying and as soon as she's back in Chloe's arms she's okay "Now this is  Caden Dolton"

She says handing me a screaming baby "I can't get him to sleep"

I rock the baby and it goes to sleep nuzzled into my neck. "You're going to make the best mother" she tells me looking at my bump that was visible through my floral shirt.

I smile at her. I admit I never wanted kids, they just didn't fit into my future. But now I was excited for one. Tomorrow I get to find out the sex of my baby, I was really hoping for a little girl. My dad and I had coffee every week and we have a close bond we aren't ever going to be best friends but we are getting somewhere, I've learnt that people can change.

"And this" Chloe says holding up a baby girl "is Amy Jayne Dolton"

I look at her tears alive in my eyes "You named her after me and my Mum?" I ask

"Your the sixth most important person in my life, counting my kids and husband" she laughed "Your Mum meant just as much as to me as she did to you" I laughed.

That was really great of Chloe. Tyler looks happy. It's surprising how much they love each other! Even though they fought, they didn't stay apart for long.

Dating really hasn't been a priority of mine lately. I will start dating but I need to focus on my new life and baby.

"How have you been?" I ask her

"So sore!" Chloe complains "I need sleep"

After saying goodbye I leave them hospital.

Walking back to my apartment I use the elevator, unlocking the penthouse door, before re-locking it.

I throw my bag and keys onto the bench and go to the fridge, pickles are what I'm craving lately.

I grab a jar and start digging in. Flipping through my mail, Bills and more bills. Sitting on the couch I watch the tv turning it on to the news,

"Well it seems there has been another royal engagement Carlton Myers has gotten engaged for the second this year. The couple surprised all the locals and tourists with a proposal on the palace balcony. Definitely romantic"

A video of Stephanie comes up "We would like to thank everyone who has shown support to us. Life has been difficult for Carlton and now we can start a life together."

I have no right to be upset I told him to go with Stephanie. But after telling him I was pregnant he never called and asked how the baby was. Yawning I go make some dinner, (sandwiches) because I couldn't be bothered to go grocery shopping.

After eating I head straight to bed.

_______________
I arrive in Dr Kings office eager to get this ultra sound done, so I can start on the babies room and tell Chloe, Jacob and Dad.

"Well you're growing at a normal speed"
Dr king tells me moving the monitor so I can see "The baby looks healthy too"

The baby is curled up sucking on what appears to be its thumb. That baby is inside of me, I tear up. I hear the steady thumping of the baby's heart.

That's Carlton's baby.

I already love the kid more then life. For me this is my new beginning, being a single parent wasn't ideal, but I can make it work.

I intend to make sure my child grows up happily, and not have to go through what I did.

"Would you like to know the sex?" Dr King asks looking at me

"Yes please"

"Looks like you're having a baby girl, congratulations"

A baby girl! I'm having a little girl running around the house, "Alice" I whisper holding my bump smiling tears in my eyes,  looking at the doctor "I think I'm going to name her, Alice"

He smiles at me "Alice is a wonderful name, very beautiful too."

I take the elevator, down stairs "Mummy loves you, Alice" I tell the bump placing my hand on it. I won't feel any kicks or movements till I'm in my fifth month. (22 weeks)

Walking in the car park, I get into my car and drive to meet my dad for coffee. Well I can't drink caffeine, so I'll be having a juice.

Dad hugs me as I walk into the shop. "Now tell me, am I having a grandson or granddaughter?"

Smiling I place my hand on my bump "You're going to have a granddaughter, Alice"

"A mini Amy running around the house! That's wonderful, and Alice is such a great name"

After dad buys the drinks (his request as a celebration) he asks me a question "Are you going to tell Carlton about, Alice?"

No way.

"Maybe haven't decided yet" I shrug

Even though I have. Dad won't agree.

"You should, Amy. It's his daughter too"

"Yeah but he knows about Alice and he hasn't even called, so I don't really want him to have a relationship with her"

"I know you want to raise her on your own, but-"

"It's fine Dad. His engaged and probably trying to start his own family" I sip my juice and the fear of vomiting hits me, I push the drink away. "I don't think he needs his ex wife and baby hanging around"

"Are you sure you want to raise little Alice on your own?"

"I'm not on my own, I have you, Jacob, and Chloe."

Just as I say that my phone beeps "Sorry Dad it's work, I have to get going"

I kiss his cheek. My ankles hurt as I walk to the car, only one more month till maternity leave, thank god. Texting my boss the website for the ordering I head home. I'm always tired and I have 6 months to go.

Driving home, I change into track pants and start preparing my daughters baby room.

Authors Note:
Did you like it? 👍🏻

So Amy is having a baby girl, Alice yay!!! 👶🏼👩🏽

Yeah don't really have anything else to say.. So yeah please Vote!!

Much love,
Hoplessromantic_ xx