Engagement Party ✔️

Chapter 8
EDITED
Today is the day. It's the engagement party with a list full of important guests who I must charm. Literally.

"Okay so when you greet someone you say how do you do? Never how are you its a event not a backyard party" Martin says again

I'm surprised Martin  even knows what a 'backyard party' is "Martin I know. It's  been six hours can I leave and get lunch?"

Because the Chef made what looked like an appetising lunch and I will literally faint if I don't eat soon.!

"I guess so, I have to go prep Carlton and Amy?"

"Yes?" I ask and Martin  embraces me in a hug

"You've done really good so far and you'll do even better tonight. Don't let Stephanie get you down."

I head to the main dining room and it's really busy maids are putting flowers in vases and polishing silverware and setting tables and wine glasses Rita rushed up to me

"Is there something I can help you with My lady?"

"No Rita I was wondering whether I could talk to everyone" I say gesturing around the room

"Attention! Everyone Ms. Amy  would like to talk to us"

They all stand in a straight neat line and look at me "First off I would like to thank you, for all welcoming me into the palace and setting all this up. You all are certainly the nicest people I have ever met and if it wasn't for you. I don't think I could have done this

They all smile at me as I leave and head towards my room and I see my Mum walking towards me without a stick!

"Mum! You're walking and you aren't struggling!"

She laughs "The doctors have been so kind and they have just helped me in so many ways"

I hug her "I'm so glad you're okay"

"There is someone I want you to meet" and my mother is whisking me off and I'm standing in front of my designer the one I wanted Marcus Lauder, yes the Marcus Lauder!

"Hello my dear" he says "let's get you ready for your engagement party"

I stand in the middle and watch him circle me and talk to his team "No pink what so ever on her, just not her color Josie! Give her a tan the good stuff but don't go heavy she's a soon to be royal, right lets get to work. Get me the most elegant of formal dresses we have."

He measures me and compares colours of dresses and I won't see till tonight.

4 hours later
My hair is done, perfectly. Not a strand out of place, my nails are perfectly clipped and painted, my skin perfectly tanned and waxed. Also my face is perfect and I am putting on my dress which is hard because they don't want me to see. When it's finished I look in the mirror. The gown is green and has off the shoulder sleeves, it's got flowy fabric and a black belt. It's beautiful and I look elegant, I look like a princess, a person who looks like she should be here.

Mothers dress is Violet the sleeves hang to her shoulders and it goes to the floor she looks so beautiful and he hair is down with the sides pinned back. She looks truely stunning.

"Thank you, so much" I say embracing him in a hug which he doesn't quickly return

"Well" he says a new smile appearing on his face "it certainly was amazing working with you and your mother"

"Um Marcus?" I ask "I would really love you to design my wedding dress"

He looks at me "You want me to design your wedding dress?"