Chapter 10 - Escape (Part 1)

Warlington, Ylepolis Region
Arshine, Bisea Kingdom
20th Day of Kreis, 1133

It was the 20th day for the SAINTS Academy so Nylah decided to visit the busiest street of Warlington town. Elijah and the rest of the Knights of Ezriad were also relieved from their posts for two days for every 20th, 40th and 60th day of the month.

The month of Kreis was the start of Spring, making it perfect for Nylah and Jessica to explore the capital of Ylepolis and witness the Nyxies—flower pixies—to make flowers bloom.

Elijah, Laurence and Arian were preparing the carriage while Andrew and Kellan were cleaning the front yard. They had stayed at Louise's house overnight for the Knights to discuss something without worrying about Nylah's safety.

Elijah clapped his hands to get rid of the dust before turning to the pavilion where he saw a blur of blue moving around. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Jessica carrying a book in her blue dress that Nylah bought for her in one of Warlington's shops. She had just gotten out of the pavilion, arranging the tea sets and chairs first before walking out and disappeared into the house.

"Hey, Commander! Can you hand me the rope?" he heard Laurence shouting from above the carriage. He quickly shook his head and went back to work.

Arian and Louise's parents invited the Young Lady of the House of Chavez to one of the finest dining in the Warlington street and she accepted.

Elijah could still remember how Louise rolled her eyes while Arian sighed. "We don't want to work today," both declined.

"Well, that's okay," Laurence said as he paced with his hands on his hips and his back straight as he looked around the house. "You can absolutely stay here."

Nylah had sighed and crossed her arms at him since he was facing her. He grinned and winked at her before he turned to the James siblings with a sympathetic expression. "But you'll miss my handsome face!"

Arian burst in a fit of laughter while Louise's jaw dropped. "Hand- HANDSOME?" she shouted.

All of them took a step back.

"Why would I miss your ugly face, huh?" she shrieked.

Elijah sighed helplessly. He knew Nylah had no idea of the extent of Louise's lightning magic so she didn't want to test Louise's temper. If only his childhood friend knew.

He looked back in the direction where Jessica entered the house.

Meanwhile, Jessica hung at the back while preparing the delicacies she made for Mr. and Mrs. James. Her long silver hair was tied in a braid around her head like a crown, letting some fall at her back neatly.

"Have you finished studying the book?" a manly voice asked, which startled her.

She looked up and saw the tall figure of Andrew Dolloway standing at the door of the kitchen. All attention was on Louise and Laurence as they started shouting at each other, calling each other names.

"N-not y-yet. T-The wri-writings are hard t-to read," Jessica stuttered.

Andrew nodded slowly but his eyes were sharp and suspicious of her. "Don't delay it. We might be late in knowing why it was there."

Jessica repeatedly nodded. Andrew sighed and walked away. She saw Elijah looking at him questioningly, then at her. Their eyes met, emerald green to blue.

One of his perfectly arched eyebrows raised as he stared at her, seemingly asking if she was okay. Her lips quivered in a small smile and nodded before continuing her work. He walked toward her and leaned his side against the doorframe of the kitchen.