Chapter 6 - Main Event: Acquire a Scholar (Part 2)

SAINTS Academy was a more beautiful school than those in Plarchester, in Nylah's opinion. There were four towering buildings and an arena, and they were separated by tree lines and gardens of flowers. Butterflies, bees, and other insects were flying around and it just added to the enchanting feeling of the walkways.

Nylah wondered if there were students in this academy who had an allergy to flowers. If there is, she'd pity them.

Each tower had its own antiquity. The academic tower was located in the northern part of the academy and it catered to all the classrooms for academic learning. It's not likely a tower but a large and tall building.

The second tower was located in the eastern part of the academy. It served as the physical training building. This one's kind of Nylah's favorite as she saw several students practicing their magic there. The tower was literally a tall cylindrical stone building with several magical wide rooms that brings students to different places for training. The tower changes its color from blue to green to yellow to orange as a representation of the morning sky, and Jessica mentioned that at night it becomes white to gray to black. Truly magical.

Directly connected to the second tower was the arena where Nylah knew official tournaments were held. It was smaller compared to the one she saw in Plarchester but it still could fit everyone in this school.

The third one was considered the administrative tower where all offices for professors and business transactions could be found. It was located in the western part of the academy. Nothing really stands out for this one but it's just as old as the others.

"You're different," a small creature with large ears told Nylah's companion in their high-pitched, creaky voice as it gave her the uniform for scholars.

They were, as Nylah recognized, the dwarves from the Forest of the Giants. According to her mother, these dwarves were captured by the Biseans and tamed to serve them.

Jessica looked frightened as she silently and quickly accepted the item from the other side of the glass.

Nylah decided to step in with her furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean different?"

The dwarf's pointed ears tweaked. "She's not from Arshine." It scrunched its nose. "But, at the same time, she is from Arshine."

Nylah blinked her eyes as she looked at Jessica. Even her friend didn't understand. But because there were students coming, they decided to let it slide and thanked the dwarf.

The Clothing Section was just right beside the Textbook Section. There were several books given to them, some were heavy while some were thin. Nothing happened in the Textbook Section as the dwarf that attended to them was busy with the inventory.

With new books in their arms, both girls walked out of the Textbook Section. They passed a small window that faced the southern part of the academy and saw a tall building surrounded by a thick forest just about a few kilometers away from the third tower.

Nylah stopped and stared at it.

"I-It's the Slumber Tower," Jessica said as she came to Nylah's side. "It's the only building in this school where we were prohibited from going."

"Not even the teachers?" Nylah asked as she looked at Jessica.

The latter shook her head.

Nylah brought her gaze back to the tower. The forest that surrounds it seemed to be darker and denser than the other forests in this kingdom. The walls were filled with moss and vines but the more she stared at the tower, the more enchanting it became. She started to wonder why going there was prohibited.