Chapter 6

Ally

Adam.

He's the mystery buyer.

He was standing less than six feet away. He seemed taller. Or maybe because he's so much more bigger. Much more masculine. He was lean and solid. But he still looks as handsome as he did ten years ago. If possible he looks even more handsome.

The years have done him well.

My legs felt like jello. My head was swirling that I was afraid that I was going to faint. I can see their mouths moving. I know they're saying something to me, but all I could hear was the blood pumping through my veins and the rapid pounding in my heart.

Ten years.

Ten long years since I last saw Adam.

"Ally."

It was Adam. I'd recognize his voice anywhere.

"Ally?"

My lips quivered. I swallowed hard. I will my voice to speak.

"I'm sorry," I croaked out.

He came towards me and pulled out my chair.

"Here, why don't you sit," he said as he helped me back to my seat.

Simmons handed him a glass of water.

"Here. Drink."

I obeyed. I took the glass from him and took a sip.

"Better?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes. Thank you."

He took the glass from me and placed it on the table.

He gave me a curt nod and pushed away from me and got on his feet.

His expression quickly turned from a look of concern to a look of a man who means business.

"Excellent. Then maybe we can go straight to business, Ms. Cassidy, or sorry should I say, Mrs. Cortalez?"

I flinched at the mention of the name Cortalez.

"It's De La Vega."

A knowing smile touched the corners of his mouth. "Of course. I'm sorry. I got confused that's all."

My body was trembling and I tried to hide it as best as I could. I didn't want him to see me look vulnerable.

"It's okay," I stammered out.

"Thank you for understanding. It's just that you went through a lot of names, I just don't know what to call you," he said. The mockery in his voice was not lost to me.

He hates me. No. He despises me. I can see it in his eyes. He wants me to see it. He wants me to know. And he has every right to hate me. I can't blame him. Not after the way I treated him.

I had mocked him. Insulted him in the worst way possible. But what he doesn't know is that every cruel words I threw at him killed me deep inside, but I had to do it. It was the only way I knew how to push him away.

Tears began to well in my eyes and I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from crying in front of him.

I can't cry in front of him.

Oh god. I want so bad to touch him and hold him once again.

I loved him so much. I still do. I've always loved him and I always will. I will love him for as long as I live. But how I wish I never saw him again. I wish he wasn't here in front of me. I wish...