The Drug In Me Is You: Falling in Reverse

(Cassie POV)
"There is only one way to become a vampire."

"Obviously it's not by getting bitten, or I would be one already."

"Yes. Now, you'll have to choose a sire."

"What does the sire do?"

"The sire is the one that actually turns you. Don't decide now, we have some time. To turn, you have to drink some of your sire's blood, and he must kill you."

"Kill me?"

"It's more of a rebirth process. Traditionally, the sire kills their subordinate by draining them completely. That way the death is not as painful as it could be."

"What do you mean by subordinate?"

"You will be bound to your sire, you can not disobey a direct order, and you can not kill him."

"Okay. What happens after I die?"

"We'll have to bury you, as if you had actually died."

"Will I know I was buried?"

"No, but you'll wake up beneath the ground. You won't really be conscious, your instincts will take over and you'll dig yourself out."

"Okay, then what?"

"We will be waiting with blood."

I smiled softly and stood up from my position on the bed.

"Will I taste the same to you? After I change?"

"I have never really had an experience with that, but my sire always said that I tasted better after I was turned."

He stood, "The sweetness of the blood is determined by the sweetness if the soul. With vampires, it's a balance between how sweet your personality is and how often you eat. The less you feed, the sweeter you are. With your personality and the history of the taste of your blood, I am sure it won't be much different."

"Oh. How often do you feed?"

"Before, I would feed only once a week. Now, I'm thinking I need to feed every few days to keep my restraint around you."

I smiled again, "You don't need to protect me, Ronnie, I'm a big girl. I can tie my own shoes and everything."

"I am not protecting you then. I am keeping my wits about me so I can keep up with you."

"Better."

He grabbed me again and pulled me against his body. He sighed as I relaxed, letting my head loll back onto his chest.

"What do you want, Ronnie?"

(Ronnie POV)
The question struck a nerve, and I flinched slightly.

"I don't want anything."

"Yes you do, liar."

I sighed, "I want you to be able to live normally."

"No you don't. You want to keep me all for yourself."

She leaned back farther, exposing her throat.

"Cassie, you don't want this."

"I'm alone in a bedroom with a guy, a vampire, and we're cuddling. What do you think I want?"

Her sweet scent was wafting around me, messing with my head. I leaned down and nuzzled her throat with my nose, breathing in the berries and cream smell that was her. My fangs began to protrude, and the tip of one nicked her throat. She gasped and I laughed.

The monster inside of me smiled at her sudden distress. I licked her carotid artery and bit slowly, relishing the feel of her ripping skin beneath my fangs.

I drank from her for the second time in twenty four hours, and she collapsed much earlier than she had before.

"Miss Cassandra, are you alright?" Patrick burst into the room, Mitch following closely behind.

"Ronnie! What's going on here?"

"I..."

"I'm alright, guys. Just a little tired."

"Miss Cassandra! Let me help you up." Patrick took Cassandra's arm and pulled her from me. He set her gently on the bed and pulled blankets from beneath me to cover her.

We left her sleeping there.

I knew I was about to undergo an interrogation.

"Ronnie, what did you do to her?"

"Nothing she didn't want me to. She wants me to turn her."

"When did you tell her?"

"Just now."

"And she let you bite her?"

"She practically begged me to. I only gave her what she wanted."

"Whatever boss."