Bring Me to Life: Evanescence

(Ronnie POV)
The next day, Cassandra woke early and made breakfast for all of us.

"That was delicious, Miss Cassandra," Patrick stood up to carry his plate to the sink.

"Thank you. I'm glad you liked it."

I stood, "Cassandra, a word?"

"Of course, Ronnie."

I guided her out of the kitchen and into her bedroom.

"Why haven't you told them?"

"I don't care, Ronnie, what you are, but it's not my place to tell anyone what happened last night. It was your choice to bite, and I didn't stop you."

"You know what I am?"

"Of course I know."

"Then say it,"

"We are not turning this into Twilight, Ronnie."

"Say it!"

"Vampire! Bloodsucker! What else do you think you are?"

"I am a monster."

"No monster would have let me live after I found out their secret. You wouldn't want me to tell, would you? Tell the world that I was saved from an abusive home by three vampires?"

"I would have to stop you from doing that."

"How? Would you lock me up? Keep me starving as your blood slave? Heaven forbid, would you kill me?"

"No... I"

"You wouldn't do anything. You're scared, of a little human that knows your secret."

I pushed her against the wall, holding her arms above her head angrily. I bent to her neck, baring my fangs, "And if I decided to silence you? What would you do? I can do anything to you right now."

"You could change me."

I could. That would solve the problem. Make her one of us. But she would never be the sweet delicious Cassandra that I knew.

"No."

"Why not? It's what I want. Please, I have been weak for far too long, at the mercy of anyone that wants me. Please. I will do whatever you want, just make me like you.

"What of what I want is for you to stay human, stay with us and have a long, full, happy life."

"I could never be happy with a long life if it ends in death."

"You could. The twins want to feed on you, and the bite brings pleasure. Endorphins are released in our saliva. They could make you happy."

I was lowering her now, setting her feet on the floor gently.

"What about you? Would you refuse, seeing how excited they are about it? Would you refuse yourself the knowledge of giving me pleasure because you feel guilty?"

"Guilty about what?"

"Ruining my chance at a reconstructive peaceful existence from here on out. You have opened my eyes to a world that I had no idea existed. You just suggested that I get pleasure from letting two vampires feed from me for the rest of my life! How could I be happy unless you were there?"

"You would forget that bite. It would seem like a swirl of euphoria in a galaxy of pleasure."

"How could I forget my first bite. I felt so wonderful, Ronnie, when you bit me. It made me feel needed. Imagine if I was the only thing you ever needed. Your bite gave me the first taste of happiness that I've ever had."

"You could forget, Cassie. I could make you."

"Make me forget you, sure, but never the feeling you gave me. I have it stored away someplace special."

"Fine. But not now."

"Why not?"

"Because it's painful."

"Explain."