Chapter 34: Chance

Start from the beginning

"How would you know that?" Jimin tilts his head.

"I tasted it for the first time not long ago, and the taste itself reminds me of you. It's the taste you'd like."

"Well, lots of people like that kind of taste. Not just me." Jimin places his bag on one of the kitchen stools. "It's pretty easy to tell."

"I'm one of those people who doesn't like sweets when it comes to alcohol."

"But still, most people like it."

"Not me, and still, I'm right that you like it."

What point is Jungkook trying to make here? Jungkook is sure about his point. He just wants to imply that he still knows Jimin well after years. He just can't directly express it, but Jimin seems to get the idea of Jungkook's point, but he decides that it's best to ignore this nonsense.

Why ruin the mood by focusing on Jungkook's sweet acts?

"Can I go and freshen up now? So we can finally do it." Straightforward and upfront Park Jimin just doesn't see the point of small talk.

"Ah yeah. It's over there right beside the stairs." Jungkook leads as he speaks, turning on the light. "Is this ok? Are you comfortable? Or do you want to use min-"

"This is fine. It looks so new and clean." Jimin places his bag on the black granite counter.

"Yeah, I barely use it. I mean this bathroom is barely used." Jungkook informs.

"Not even your guests?" Jimin raises his eyebrows.

"I don't usually have guests here. Namjoon and Suga hyung visited once, and they were uncomfortable with how uncomfortable I was, having someone at my place."

"What about Bo Gum hyung?"

"I hang at his place. We mostly go out to hang."

"Ah. I didn't know you're so strict about people coming to your place." Jimin starts to take out his small blue pouch along with the bigger one. Jungkook assumes one is for facial and another is for body.

"Yeah, it happened when I had this apartment as my own. I love the idea of having my own privacy so much."

"Tae is also like that." Jimin chuckles. "You guys don't want your comfort zone being disturbed."

Jungkook tilts his head. "Are you like that too?"

"Depends. As long as they keep clean. I can always clean and cleanse my place after. I don't mind. That's why me and Tae always have parties at my place when we arrange one." Jimin chuckles again as he gets the facial tissue out from the bag before he gets another bigger pouch.

"I wouldn't like people coming over. I understand him." Jungkook listens. "So there's a lot of people visiting your place."

Jimin gulps as he takes out a shampoo bottle and conditioner from one of the blue pouches. "Yeah, there were times when I had people over." Silent takes over as Jimin takes out his body wash and his after wash lotion out from another pouch. "What about your flings? You don't do it here?"

"My bedroom? Don't even think about it. None of my fling has ever come here though." Jungkook glances at Jimin who takes his small bottle of hair serum out.

"No one? At all?" Jimin furrows his eyebrows as he grabs his facial washing gel out from another pouch.

"Mhm. We go to the hotel. I don't feel comfortable going to someone's place. The ones I'm not close to I mean."

"Makes sense." Jimin gulps again. "We can go to the hotel if you want."

"There's always an exception." Jungkook mentions, wetting his lips, thinking whether he should say the next sentence. "You are Jimin. You can come as much as you want. You get to hang out anywhere in my apartment. Even my bedroom."