Baby Steps.

"Is there something you want to tell me?," Blaise asked, seemingly materializing out of nowhere and casually leaning against one of the bed posts.

Draco made a very manly sound of utter shock (read, shrieked) swivelling in his desk chair to look at his uninvited visitor. "Circe's tits, Zabini! Have you completely forgotten all your manners or do you only exercise them in front of Longbottom? Why didn't you knock! I could've been indecent!"

Blaise rolled his eyes, "We've shared a room for over six years Draco, nothing I haven't seen before. Now quit stalling." Draco turned back, busying himself with his already completed Potions essay and looking for all the world as if he were still adding things to the already 12 foot parchment.

He knew Harry hadn't done his and would most likely be worrying himself grey at lunch tomorrow when he finally remembers about it and Draco would swoop in like the charming Prince he was and magnanimously let Harry copy his, thereby saving the boy wonder from the menace that is Potions.

"I am not blind, Draco. I saw Pansy giving you these ridiculously smug looks all throughout dinner. There's something you two are keeping from me", Draco sighed when he heard the slight tinge of hurt in Blaise's tone and turned around once again to face him.

"Apparently it's public knowledge and has been since second year so you should be aware of it, really." Draco could see the wheels in his head start to turn and waited patiently for Blaise to come to the conclusion himself while studying his cuticles, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘦.

"Public knowledge since second year...." Blaise mused out loud, "Is this about you staring at Potter's arse?" He ventured, his tone too knowing for Draco's liking.

"It didn't even take you a minute to get it right. Salazar, it really 𝘪𝘴 public knowledge", Draco threw his head back with a groan. "Is that it then?" Blaise asked plopping down on Draco's bed. The best thing about the eighth year dormitories was that everyone had a room to themselves with en suite facilities.

"I admitted that I was in love with him hoping Granger would tell me if I had chance but she didn't even give me so much as a hint saying something weird about keeping my eyes and ears open and that if I'd done it in the first place we could have all been going on double dates", he scoffed making Blaise chuckle.

"But she gave you more than a hint. Why would she talk about the possibility of a double date if you didn't have a chance?", Blaise remarked dryly, smirking when Draco's head immediately shot up in sudden realisation.

"I take it I've given you enough incentive to try and decode whatever it was that Granger said?" He asked and Draco nodded as if in a daze. After a few minutes of contemplative silence on Draco's end, Blaise realised he wouldn't be getting much out of his best friend anymore tonight and stood up with a sigh.

He got up to leave pausing for a second to squeeze Draco's shoulder in brotherly affection "For what it's worth, I am glad you finally said it to someone without having to be blackmailed into it like I thought we would have to. I know it wasn't for you", and just to be a pillock he added, "Even if it wasn't me".

Blaise's laugh echoed across the hallway when he exited the room dodging the mild stinging hex Draco had sent his way and he couldn't help but smile.

Draco knows he doesn't say this often, if at all, but he really does appreciate his friends. Even if they're too annoying (Pansy) and too smug (Blaise), he wouldn't trade them for the world.

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦. 𝘚𝘰 𝘐'𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘧𝘰𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯'𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘨𝘪𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴, Hermione's words rang in his ears before he went to sleep that night.

And with a jolt Draco realized that Blaise was right, Hermione really wouldn't have said that if he didn't have a chance. She would've looked at him with that patented sympathetic little smile of hers, not smugly like she had just been proven right.

𝘐𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘶𝘭𝘨𝘦 an𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘐 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦, Draco smiled. Pansy was right that Granger was getting better and better at Slytherin speech.

But now that Draco had the answer he wanted to hear, how was he going to woo Harry and make him his?

𝘉𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘴, 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘧𝘰𝘺. 𝘉𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘴, Draco thought to himself and didn't let himself think twice before unlocking his phone. 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘰 𝘢 𝘎𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘳, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘱𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰.

 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘰 𝘢 𝘎𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘳, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘱𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰

Liked by myohknee, lmaoitspans, zaddybini and 30.6k others.

dontcallmedray I like staring at flowers, galleons and iamthechosenone 's arse.

_______________________

thefuckingking So you learnt how to use the Quickstagram eh ferret?

// dontcallmedray and I see that you did too Weaselbee

// myohknee really is that what takes precedence right now?? dontcallmedray and thefuckingking are you selectively blind and choosing not to see his caption?

________________________

weaslette we stan a king who's a simp and knows it

// dontcallmedray ....what is a stan and a simp?

________________________

lmaoitspans kudos for not wasting anymore time Malfoy. You learn fast, I'll give you that

// dontcallmedray cute of you to think I needed your stamp of approval but okay.

_______________________

badbadlulo that's such a beautiful picture Draco!! I can see you got rid of the wrackspurts infestation. I am so proud!!

// dontcallmedray thank you my lovely, Lu.

_______________________

notthaticare is literally no one going to talk about that caption or the insane amount of followers he's ammased in a day?

// dontcallmedray jealousy is beneath even you Nott.

_______________________

iamthechosenone I- er- wait. What. Um. Okay. What???