Chapter 45 Last Ditch Effort

Începe de la început

Dante: Then should we attack first?

Eugene: No way, they've got way bigger forces.

Akihiro: What do we do, Boss?

Lafter: Yeah, we're like sitting ducks right now.

Nhazul: ...-_-... At least ducks have the option to fly off if they wanted to...

Orga: What can we do? We've decided to run. So we just run.

Eugene: Have you been listening? Even if we could escape, they'd keep chasing us forever.

Orga: As long as we can escape, we win. After that, we demolish this place and make it look like we're wiped out.

Merribit: Wiped out?

Orga: Yeah. We just have to make them believe we all died. We can contact old Makanai after that.

Nhazul: Of course, who would bother chasing after a bunch of dead people.

Dante: You're right. That way, they won't keep chasing us. Amazing...

Eugene: Get real. It's impossible to get out of here.

Nadi: Actually, there might be a way. There are old transmission cables under here from the Calamity War. If the tunnels are still there, we could escape to Chryse.

Merribit: Is that possible?

Eugene: Seriously?

Lafter: Well, that was easy.

Orga: Eugene, go check out that tunnel right now with him.

Eugene: Okay, got it.

Orga stands up.

Orga: Listen up. This battle isn't about killing somebody to get it over. This battle is about every single one of us surviving. That's our objective. Stay alive, and we'll get the best of them by surviving this. Got it? Never back down.

Nhazul: Orga, if we're doing this, we better inform Macs about this plan and get his thoughts on it.

Orga: Right, come on Nhazul.

Orga and Nhazul both left and went to explain the escape plan to McGillis.

McGillis: I see. So you choose to escape from here. The Tekkadan I know of would've fought back without a second thought.

Orga: We're smarter than taking on a losing battle. We have a different battle to fight.

McGillis: A different battle, huh? What is it that you seek from that battle?

Orga: All I want now is for all of us to just survive this. We have to resort to whatever we find at any given moment. From there on, we'll all figure it out together. That's how we always managed. But somehow along the way, I've lost sight of our own style.

McGillis: What a futile realization.

Orga: Say whatever you want. Besides, it's not futile. Not if you're with your buddies.

McGillis: Buddies...

McGillis was thinking about that word.

The internal communicator turns on, it's Eugene.

Eugene: Orga, we found the tunnel!

Orga: Really?

Nadi's voice came up as well.

Nadi: Yeah, but it's pretty beat up. We can't use explosives in here. We'd have to dig through this by hand.

Orga: Gather everyone up and start digging.