• VI •

"You know this kid?!" "Nope, let's go, Evelyn."

--

        Ross and Evelyn talked for a while at a table they'd found. They picked up on random subjects and whatnot. Ross didn't usually talk much, but he tried to keep the conversation going. At moments he just sat there and silently admired the brunette in front of him. He smiled brightly, happily listening to her talk. Ross' loving gaze on her made her face warm up. She also noticed a lightly dusted shade of pink on the boy's face. She smiled at him, sitting in silence for a while. "You're so cute, Ross," She said, resting her head on the palm of her hand, not realizing she had said that out loud. She realized she did after noticing the shade of red slowly fading onto Ross' face. She shook her head and found herself to be a blushing mess. "Wait, no, I-I didn't mean to! Oh satan..-" She spoke, muffling the last part with her hands covering her face. Ross chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. There were so many things he wanted to say yet he couldn't find the courage in him to say anything. He couldn't find the right words to say, so instead, he simply sat there, smiling at the girl. She uncovered her eyes and looked at him, "I'm sorry..." she mumbled under her breath. "Oh, so you don't think I'm cute~?" Ross questioned teasingly. He noticed her face grow a bright color of red, which made him chuckle. "Sorry, just teasing" he stated, stifling his laughter. Evelyn removed her hands from her face and looked down to the side, pouting in slight annoyance. Ross found this action adorable, to say the least. He let out a small chuckle and turned in the direction all the games were located before looking back to the girl in front of him. "Wanna go check out what games they have here?" He questioned, motioning off to the side. Evelyn looked at him and rolled her eyes playfully. "Suuurree, whatever. Let's go, Emo Boy." She hissed at him. The name hit Ross like a stake in the heart. He sat unresponsive for a few seconds before Evelyn grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him along with her.

        She made her way to all the arcade games, looking around for anything interesting to play, Ross walking behind her. They both pointed out a few silly games they found interesting. They won a few and lost a few. One laughed at the other after they'd lose at any game, which would mostly be Evelyn to Ross considering she was skilled at many of these games given the fact she'd come here often. Tickets from the games they'd win started piling up the more they played. Mostly Ross, but they both took a few mental breaks to not end up destroying one of the machines after a lost game of Pac-Man. Ross had surprisingly started opening up more to Evelyn. Yes, they had known each other for quite some time now, but it was difficult for most to get Ross to soften up to them.

        Anywho, Ross and Evelyn occasionally questioned each other on random topics, finding more and more about one another as moments went by. Not long after Ross managed to change the topic back to arcade games. "I know you're pretty good at most of these games!" Ross stated, basically admitting defeat as he scratched the back of his neck. "Oh well of course I am! I come here often with a friend group of mine." She exclaimed, the first part sarcastically. Ross laughed softly at the girl's enthusiasm. He looked around with a sudden sense of worry. It was noticeable on his face so Evelyn took quick notice. "Hey, something wrong?" She questioned, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hm? Oh, yeah! It's just that, this place is oddly peaceful." Ross mumbled, barely audible for Evelyn to hear. "What do you mean?" She questioned him again. They both came to a realization and snapped their heads in each other's direction. "ZANE.", They both blurted out before Ross began running around the place, dragging the girl with him. They both knew that idiot and thought they'd be up to no good, especially since they were left unsupervised. Yet there was no sign whatsoever of any ongoing chaos. Ross began worrying all over again, but Zane was smart, in their own way, so they'd know how to get out of dangerous situations! The thing that worried him the most was their naivety. They'd fall for almost any trick imaginable. Note, almost. Evelyn felt a sting in her heart to see Ross worry so much for their sibling. Ross and Zane were usually always together so they never worried about leaving the other alone.

        The place wasn't exactly big but it wasn't small either, so mix that with a ton of kids their age, younger, and a few older it'd take them a while to find Zane. Ross stopped in his tracks to properly think for a second. He turned to Evelyn and held her shoulders in a firm grip "Is there a Dance Dance Revolution here?!" He questioned, worry in his time of voice. "Ross, I don't think-" "Please, just yes or no Evelyn." He stated, cutting off the brunette midway through her sentence. She then sighed and nodded, confused. "Show me where." He said blankly, taking his hands off her shoulders. She took his hand to calm down the panicking boy. She led in the direction she remembered the game being. "There it is," She said hesitantly, pointing to the game. Ross turned his attention to the game, walking to it, dragging Evelyn with him. The girl stood off to the side confused as the boy made his way to a small group of crowded children and teens who all seemed to be cheering. He made it to the center to see none other than their twin sibling. Well, given the way I just worded that it sounds like something bad's happening. But in reality, it was nothing. They were just playing the game against some random kid, however, Ross did see a half-empty cup of water next to a bag with what he saw was a Monster Energy Drink and a whole lot of sour candies... Oh, dear.

        As the song closed off, Ross smiled to himself as he felt the sense of worry he'd felt before just leave. Zane noticed their twin from the corner of their eye. They looked at him for a second, turned away, then looked back at him realizing he was there. They looked around and shrugged as if asking him a question. To their surprise, Ross understood what they meant and motioned to the brunette standing a few feet away from him. Zane looked in her direction then back at Ross before playfully rolling their eyes and shooing them off with their hands. Ross stood there, his face growing to a light shade of pink. He looked behind him to the girl then back to his twin who gave him a reassuring look, being able to see the doubt he showed through his slight smile. He was about to make his way back to Evelyn before noticing her walking his way. She saw Zane and waved at them. She received a small wave in response, along with a smile. "Everything alright, Ross?" The girl questioned, having noticed their emotes towards each other earlier. He smiled at her and nodded "Yeah, just relieved Zane is okay" he stated, fidgeting around with his hands. Evelyn chuckled and shook her head lightly. "I'm just glad you're both okay," Evelyn said, taking hold of Ross' hand.

        The two started making their way back to where they'd been before Ross caught a glimpse of a small candy store conjoined to the place. He recognized it as a candy store because of its familiar name and look of it. The boy stopped both of them in their tracks, "Hey, would you like to get some candy? Maybe I could even treat you to something nice afterward..?" He said, muttering the last part. Evelyn looked at him and smiled, "Are you implying asking me out on a date~?" She questioned the boy teasingly, a smirk forming on her face. Ross felt his face immediately heat up, it showing to be a bright shade of red. "What?..! N-No I was-!" He blurted before cutting himself off "Well, what if I am?" He shot back at her, he turned his head to hide the red still very much visible on his face. The girl's face turned to a light shade of pink at the unexpected answer. She turned to the ground to hide the blush on her face as well. "If you were, I'd gladly accept" she mumbled, tightening her grip on Ross' hand. The boy looked over at her with a hint of shock resting on his face. She felt his gaze on her and turned to him too. They looked at each other and smiled. "C'mon emo boy, let's go" Evelyn spoke, guiding them both to the small candy store.

--

      { A/N } Soo I would've gotten this chapter out sooner but I kinda died trying to work on this and my brain had several stokes after reading over this chapter after each edit so yeaahhh

        Anyways, I hope you liked it! :)