• IV •

"Oh no, you don't! Zane, you can't just abandon me like that! What if I say something wrong?...! Or or--!" "Ross. Brother, calm down! You'll be fine! And I'm not abandoning you, I'm just giving you and Evaline some space together!"

---

"Alright lovebirds, y'all ready to go?" Zane questioned, rather sarcastically. Evaline and Ross nodded, one looking away with a flustered look while the other simply glared at them all flustered. Zane giggled to themselves as they stood up, finishing the remaining pastry and sipping a bit of the apple juice they'd also been given. The three threw away any trash they had as they exited the place, Zane with their drink in hand. Evaline then showed the twins the nice parts of the city she knew. She clung onto Ross' arm talking her head off, showing a bright smile on her face. Zane stood on the opposing side of Ross, looking for excuses to walk off so he and Evaline could be left on their own. After all, third wheeling isn't exactly something Zane enjoyed, so they desperately tried, only to be stopped every time.

Ross would grab Zane's wrist, having a firm grip on it so they wouldn't go away before looking at them as if pleading for them to stay. He was worried something would go wrong between him and Evaline, even the smallest thing! So he'd like for Zane to be near just for simple comfort, and usually, they could decently resolve anything. He also feared he'd make a fool of himself. He was then met with Zane's usual unamused and blank stare. Zane sighed in defeat, rolling their eyes and looking to the side. Ross smiled lightly, mouthing a small thanks before turning back to Evaline.

Zane tried a desperate amount of times to leave the two on their own, which Evaline didn't seem to notice so it was Ross who kept them from leaving. Eventually, they both grew tired of this ongoing game, so now, It looked as if Ross was a tired parent dragging around their kid. Evaline took notice and laughed at them. "Y'all are so goofy, I swear" she stated, letting go of Ross' arm. "Blame this one," said Ross, letting go of Zane's wrist and pointing to them. "Chaotic little crackhead." he continued. Zane stuck out their tongue at him and then crossed their arms. The three continued walking down the sidewalk, stopping at random little stores any of them found interesting from time to time. As they were looking through a store Zane dragged them all into, for no apparent reason, they pulled Evaline along with them somewhere that Ross couldn't hear their little chat. They gripped onto her shoulders before letting out a sigh and speaking, "Look. Evaline. Playing cupid has been fun and all, but it gets tiring. I love you and Ross both, but seeing you like this is making me cringe so much, so preferably anytime soon just get it over with and tell him. Thank you." they said all in one breath. Evaline simply looked at them with confusion. Zane shook her aggressively before letting go of her. "C'mon Evaline! Just tell him!!" They exclaimed. Evaline looked at them wide-eyed. She felt her face get warmer by the second. Zane only groaned in frustration, covering their face. Uncovering their face, they noticed Evaline still staring at them seemingly unresponsive. At this point, her face was just red. Zane snapped a few times trying to get her to respond again. "Yo. Ev. Evaalliiinnee." they dragged out her name. Growing tired Zane took out their wallet, pulling out a few twenty-dollar bills they'd been saving up for god knows how long. They shoved them into Evaline's hands. "Treat yourself and Ross to something nice, we'll be parting ways soon enough so there's that I guess," they stated before starting to walk away. They were stopped by a hand grabbing onto their wrist, pulling them back. "Wait, what?!" Evaline exclaimed, looking Zane dead in the eye. "Listen, with me here there's no way things will progress with you two,"they stated. "And y'all look adorable together! So get it together, and spend some time with him!" they said, a smile forming on their face. Evaline looked at the ground for a while before she sighed. "Alright then, have it your way," she said, smiling a little. From the corner of her eye, she caught them jumping up and down, clapping their hands together in excitement. Evaline again looked down, realizing she still had the money Zane gave them in hand. "Oh, but you can have your money back, Zane-" They looked up only to see they were gone. The girl stood there in pure confusion. She cursed under her breath as she stuffed the money into her pockets, knowing well enough there was no chance Zane would take it back.

Zane had run off to look for their brother, leaving Evaline there. That was their way of telling her to keep the money. Anywho, they walked up to Ross with a grin he oh so despised. His face grew a light pink being able to tell where things were headed. The twins looked at each other. "Why." was all that left Ross' mouth. Zane shrugged, "Oh I dunno, it makes me happy, but most importantly it makes you and her happy!" they exclaimed, patting his head. "Anyways, in a while, I'll be leaving you two. And thank me because I practically earned you a date." Ross looked to the ground, mumbling something under his breath. He hated to admit it, but he appreciated the effort Zane put into trying to help him earn the courage to one day, possibly soon, tell her how it was he truly felt. Zane hadn't quite caught what he mumbled but they didn't care, it couldn't have been anything bad. They extended their arms, awaiting a hug. Ross chuckled and shook his head, stepping forward and pulling their sibling in for a hug. Zane smiled and embraced him. They let out an exaggerated sniffle, "Ohh my baby boy's all grown up!" they wept mockingly. Ross laughed, "Alright, alright, dad, that's enough." he said as both let go.

Zane stepped back, looking Ross up and down as they slightly shook their head. "Dude, you look like you haven't slept in days." "That's because I haven't." he scoffed back. "Yeah yeah, whatever it's not like any of us have," they said, dragging them to a different section of the store.

Lucky for Zane, they'd stopped at a clothes store. The first thing Zane did was take the beanie off of the boy's head. He tried to grab it but they started playing keep-away from him. They messed around with his hair, trying to adjust it so it didn't look like its usual mess. They smiled to themselves and placed the hat back on his head. They started adjusting his outfit slightly, having him try on different things just so he'd look somewhat nicer. Pushing him in and out of the dressing room they both criticized almost everything until coming across clothes they agreed looked nice. Zane knew Evaline didn't exactly mind his looks, but it'd just be funny to see her reaction to the sudden change in look. They made a few changes they knew Evaline would drool over, just not crossing Ross' confront zone. Zane stepped back, placing their hands on their hips. They smiled with a sparkle in their eyes. Quickly, they ran to the cashier and paid for the clothes they'd picked out and Ross currently wore. "You sure she'll like it?" The boy questioned, looking over his outfit. "Of course! We just pulled off the cliché person gets a makeover to win crush over like in every teen romance movie ever so you'll be fiiine!" They said sarcastically. Ross laughed as he shook his head. "No, but really Ross, you'll be fine! I mean it's still you! Very emo looking, enough to make Evaline drool over you." Zane exclaimed, patting their brother on the head. Ross shook off their hand with a slight smile on his face. "Also that thing is gross, please wash it," Zane added, pointing to the others hat. Ross simply looked at them, raising a brow. "Mhm, that's a lot coming from you." He said, pulling on the bunched-up sleeve of Zane's hoodie. They both glared at each other, trying to avoid the usual bickering between them. "Whatever, just forget it. Someone is waiting for us," they said, looking over to the brunette who had her attention focused on the twins, or more importantly Ross. "Well, maybe just you," they added, teasingly. To which they received an elbow to the side in response.

---

{ A/N } Damn 1420 words. Nice.
Also sorry it took me a while to get this chapter out :<