2

"I don't want to go. I don't want to go."

"Shut up!" One of the hunters snapped at his nervous friend as they got closer to the throne room.

Theta only led them inside but she too could feel the heavy pressure on her shoulders. The day had just started and she already wanted it to be over because the useless men she hired to get (y/n) had failed terribly. Tserriednich wouldn't just give punishments to them but also to her for failing him. She muttered a quick prayer and then opened the doors for them.

Shit. She gulped when she saw the bloody mess across the floor. Bad timing. She felt a bead of sweat roll down the back of her neck when she realized this was the worst timing ever. No going back now, he already saw her. She'd have to rip the bandaid to get it over with.

Tserriednich was sitting in his throne with his usual morning drink in his hand. He had just finished his breakfast which was whatever was left of the poor bastard on the floor. Who had angered him this early in the morning? Whoever it was angered him badly because it wasn't everyday that he decided to eat his servants. Theta could only hope she wasn't next.

"Why are you bleeding?" His voice echoed in their heads and the hunters were quick to bow down to him. Perhaps if they stared at the wet floor he'd spare their lives today.

"Apparently they struggled to capture (y/n)-"

"I didn't ask you, Theta. I was asking him." He pointed a leering finger at the hunter who had a broken nose.

"We failed to capture (y/n) and the rest of her supporters, your grace. We're deeply sorry!"

"You failed to capture (y/n) and the rest of her supporters." He hummed in mocking way. They all watched as his nails grew sharp, wrapping around the glass cup he held. It scratched the glass and if he squeezed tightly he might be able to shatter it.

"Your grace there's more..." Theta announced. She figured that these bastards were going to end up making things worse if they kept hesitating. At least this would be over sooner. She was braver than these hunters.

"More of what?" His words were like a whip, cutting right through their skin. Theta remained calm, her grip tightened around the edge of her blouse but she didn't look away from his eyes. Last time she did she ended up holding her own eyes in her hands.

"(Y/n) has the Pluto Prince following her around like a guard dog. I'm guessing she has him wrapped around her finger and is using him to protect herself."

"Pluto? I thought that district burned down!" He laughed and finally stood up from his throne. His jewelry clung loosely around his body and all they could hear was the sound of it clanking against each other. "You're telling me that our best hunters managed to find (y/n) and let her go?"

She hesitated but prepared herself for the worse. It was either them or her and she wasn't going to let it be her. "Yes."

He tossed his glass cup towards them and it barely missed them. The glass shattered everywhere but no one dared to move. Whatever drink he had inside splattered onto one of the hunters and his friends slowly looked at him to see his face covered with red wine or so they hoped it was wine.

"Theta my dear, what should we do with these failures?"

"You're asking me for my opinion?"

"Of course." His fingers slithered onto her face and he grabbed her gently. "You've been by my side this entire time, you ought to know what should be done with people who fail me. What's their punishment for today?"

She glanced down at them and saw their wide eyes but Tserriednich forced her to look back at him.

"Don't look at them. Tell me what their punishment should be." When she took too long he chuckled. "Never mind that, what would you like to have for lunch? Steak? Stew?"