|| 21: forgiveness?? ||

"Are you serious?" Willow practically yelled at Kathy. The dirty-blonde winced at her volume.
"Well- yeah. I don't know Willow-" Kathy tried to explain herself.

For context, Kathy told Willow what happened with Eddie. They were having their weekly sleepover, and Willie was so pleased. However currently, she was furious at her best friend.

"Kathy, I don't care how much he begged for your forgiveness, you are not going back to him!" Willow demanded, her decision final. Sometimes Kathy thought Willow was trying to be her mother.

"Willow, it was so genuine. He cried, boys can't act that good." Kathy defended her ex-boyfriend. Just as Willow was about to scold again, Kathy whipped out the $50 note.

"And he gave me this." The Hopper girl smiled victoriously. Willow's mouth opened a little wider from shock. Suddenly, she snapped it shut and grumbled.
"I don't like this Kath."

Maybe, just maybe Kathy was finally getting through to her friend. "It's not safe." Willow hummed again.
"I trust him, Low. How many other guys can I say that about?"

Willow looked down at the bedsheets in contemplation. "He got his ass beat for me. He's tried over and over again to get me alone and apologise. If he just wanted to fuck me of fuck with me he wouldn't have done what he did and you know it."

Kathy knew Willow'd use the excuse of Tommy being an ass to scare her off the metal head, but she wouldn't back down so easy. An uneasy grumble came from Willows throat as she dramatically tipped her head up and gripped the bedsheets.

"Fine!" She spoke. Kathy's raised her fists triumphantly. "You know I'll always be here if he hurts you again." Willow smiled at the girl beside her. "Know when are we eating, my stomachs is crying for some pizza."

The girls practically attacked the phone, racing to see who could order the pizza. The girls liked different toppings, but Kathy's dad would only pay for one.

——————————————————

The girls woke up in a haze, the sun of Saturday morning shining on the girls faces through the blinds. Kathy was the first to wake up, naturally, though it was quite late in the day.

1:46pm her clock read. She moaned, Kathy envied Willows ability to sleep like the dead. Slowly she got up, not to wake her unconscious friend to go to the bathroom.

When she looked in the mirror, her hair was a mess and there was eyeliner down her cheeks. Willow had been kind enough to comment on it apparently, much to Kathy's embarrassment.

Kathy began to swill her face, it was still puffy from the tears. When she dried herself, she realised she was still wearing Eddie's shirt. For fucks sakes. Was she ever going to get over him?

Probably not, the eyeliner stains on her pillow were evidence of that. This shirt, that stupid lamb he'd win her at the arcade. She was completely fucked. She was head over heels for an asshole.

Reluctantly, she started to formulate a plan in her head. Tonight. It would be late, Willie has a tendency to drag out her stay at the Hopper household, not that anyone minded her presence.

The dark-haired girl would be gone by 10? 11? Kathy prayed Eddie stayed up late on weekends. He probably did, because he was such a 'bad-boy'. Kathy physically recoiled at the words, she face cringing.

She laughed thinking about him, then immediately stopped herself. You aren't allowed to be this whipped, Kathleen Hopper. She shook her head. Tonight it is. Tonight is the night I will confess my undying love for Eddie Munson.

Even thinking it made her heart race, made her lips perk up into an excited smile. Her thoughts were interrupted at the sound of Willows yelling. "Are you shitting in there?!" Kathy rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Yup" she yelled back, frantically spraying some air freshener. "Gross!" Willow shouted and Kathy laughed, a good hearty laugh before she left the bathroom and returned to her friend.

——————————————————

a/n I cannot wait to finish this book LMAO, maybe 1-2 more chapters? A confession and a conclusion. Any suggestions on what I should write for next? I'm stuck between fandoms atm, either HOTD/GOT or like SPN - neither of these would be following canon though 😭 ALSO I made a tiktok, @p4rty.hat2, love u thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️