|| #5: tutor ||

"I. hate. calculus." The long haired boy complained. Kathy had been trying to help Eddie calculus for 2 hours after they'd got milkshakes and he was restless.

He rubbed his hands over his face and Kathy was picking at the carpet of Eddie's bedroom. Calculus was extremely boring, but Kathy would rather do something she was good at than try to brave history.

"You'll get there soon, we just need to keep at it!" Kathy tried to encourage, though she let it slip in her voice that she too was fed up of the subject.
"Why don't we just switch to history, it's so much easier!" He'd been trying to get Kathy to start history an hour ago, but she relented.

"It's not easy, Eddie! I can't remember anything no matter how hard I try!" Kathy complained while flailing her arms around. Eddie thought for a moment as he watched his female friend sit and wallow in her anguish and distaste for his favourite subject.

"When I can't remember anything, I make it a song." He admitted.
"What."
"I make a little song, it's how I passed my last chemistry test." He smiled at the thought, although he got yelled at by his teacher for whisper-singing the periodic table during a test.

"How do I make the first world war a catchy little jingle, Edmund?" She deadpanned. She had absolutely no faith for her future in history.

C'mere." He grabbed her arm and dragged them both off the bed and to his guitar. Kathy had noticed the shrine for his guitar surrounded by mirrors. It was hard to miss.

It was obviously important to him, so she tried not to make too many jokes about his undying love for his guitar when she'd first seen it.

He sat down on the bed and patted the space beside him to signal her to join him. She did, and he the began to quietly strum random chords on his guitar.

"What are you specifically learning about WW2?"
"Fighter jets." She explained. The girl needed to learn about the models and their function, their size, how effective they were and so on and so forth. With that Eddie began to play.

"Gruman F8F Bearcat, could kill you in 2 seconds flat, 440 miles per hour, though small would make grown men cower!" Bless his little cotton socks, he really was trying. "Okay, I tried! There's absolutely no way I can write a song about fighter jets, sorry sweetheart!" He joked, bowing his head in defeat.

"Can I hear you play any other songs, then?" Kathy really didn't feel like studying anymore, opting for something a little more fun.
"Oh- um- of course! What can I do for you?" He nervously asked. She had to think, but her head was jumbled by numbers and the Gruman F8F bearcat.

"Surprise me, Munson." She said while staring at him, waiting patiently for her personal performance.
"Hmm..." Eddie trailed off while he thought of what he could play for her. He doubted they had the same taste in music, but he was not going to play a shitty pop song. He started playing a song Kathy was unfamiliar with, but she listened intently.

He looked cute when he was focused, his tongue poking from his mouth slightly as he got into the music. He was passionate about music, the cd's and vinyl's scattered across his room were evidence of this.

When he finished he could see confusion written on her face, but also adoration, He decided to not tease her about it, not yet anyway.

"Who was that?" She asked, but not in a judging way, a curious way.
"That, my lady, was Metallica." He informed her with a grin. "Wanna hear more?" She nodded in reply and he got up to get his CD, when she grabbed his arm.

"Wanna hear more from you. You're really good, Eddie." Kathy complimented softly, and the boy in front of her flushed a bright shade of red. She laughed as he sat back down and began to play more rock songs she'd never heard.

Between each song he'd name the song and the artist while giving little facts here and there like 'Ozzy Osbourne ate a bat on stage' and such.

The pair sat and talked for hours, their studying and homework completely forgotten about on the floor. "I'm heading out, Eddie!" his uncle Wayne shouted as he finished off Unchained by Van Halen.

"Ok, Wayne, seeya later!" Eddie shouted back. They heard the door close and Eddie came to a realisation. "Y'know it's getting pretty late..." He said while glancing at the watch on his wrist.

"You're right." Kathy replied. It was getting close to winter and the days started to get shorter, so the sun was pretty much down. The girl really didn't want to leave.
"You could sleep over." Eddie suggested timidly. It was always so cute when he got shy, the boy dressed in clad back scared to talk to a pretty girl was always a sight to behold.

"Sure! I mean- yes, but I don't have any pajamas and I need to call my dad so he doesn't freak out and-" The girl rambled on anxiously, before Eddie put his hand to her leg to calm her.

"Don't worry about it babe, I got it all covered."

——————————————————

"Can I sleep over Willow's tonight?" Willow asked her dad over the phone hopefully.
"Sure, need me to drop anything over?"
"Nah, I left PJ's and a toothbrush the last time I was over, I'll be ok." She reassured her father.

"Okay, have fun, don't make bad choices, don't be late for school, love you!" He rushed the words out.
"Love you too, dad! Bye!" After that she'd hung up the phone, she felt guilty for lying, but when she saw Eddie's cheeky smile from around the corner she knew it was all worth it.

"Wanna order anything? You've been here pretty much all day." He asked, he'd changed into a grey t-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms.

"Sure, what you up for?"

The rest of the night went smoothly after the pair had eaten, they'd decided to watch A Nightmare On Elm Street while they dined, something she could never do with Willow or she'd be cleaning vomit from her floorboards.

Everything was simple with Eddie, she felt as comfortable with him as she was with Willow or Eleven or even her father, it was foreign to trust somebody new.

When it was time to sleep, Kathy changed into one of Eddie's shirts, not her style but very, very comfortable. When she'd returned from the bathroom, they had a whole discussion about who was sleeping where.

"I'll sleep on the floor, it's your house Eddie.
"Nonsense! You're my guest, I'll sleep on the floor."
"How about we just..." She was scared to suggest it, scared it would weird her new found friend out. "Both, sleep on the bed, we're both adults here."

"Okay, yeah." Eddie anxiously agreed. The pair both got comfortable in his bed, it wasn't massive but they both fit comfortably on their respective sides.

After squirming around for a few minutes, the pair both fell into dream land to prepare for the day ahead of them.

——————————————————

a/n guys this heat wave is killing me 😭 Idk if I'm gonna update tomorrow but I'll try, love you bye ❤️❤️❤️❤️