Ch.7: An Important Conversation

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): I see...

Marie: I know it wasn't my fault but somehow I can't stop giving myself the blame for her disappearance and with all the other things going on around me...

Marie: I don't think I can *sniff* handle it all alone, but *sniff* I don't have a choice.

In the next few seconds, I saw something that I thought was impossible for the monotone lady. Showing emotion and crying at that. I guess I was too quick to judge her. I tried to stand up the sharp pain in my leg starting again and moved over and kneed down beside the crying girl. I placed a hand on her shoulder as she started to look in my direction with watery eyes.

(Y/N): I may not be the best at this pep talk, but... everything will be fine. I know the feeling of overwhelming guilt and pressure that wants to crush you, but look how far you made it with all that pressure. It's not the time to lose hope...

(Yes the pressure and stress of not knowing if the next day will be worse than the last or if I must be the only one to bear the hardships that come to me. The project taught me too well about these feelings until you are the only one that is left...)

Her eyes began to light up a bit and she began to wipe her tears away. The next thing shocked me as much as the crying part, she showed me a genuine smile. After a few moments of just staring at each other the pain in my leg from kneeing was finally setting in and I quickly stumbled back to the couch. Marie decided to follow my actions and sit on the couch she turned to me and said.

Marie: Thanks I needed to hear that although it was a bit cheesy.

She then started to smirk. I guess she's back to normal at least that's cleared out.

(Y/N): Well I said I wasn't good at that!

Marie: Yeah yeah you can pound all you want.

After a few seconds, we both began to laugh together. I guess our dynamic changed a lot.

Maire: But all jokes aside, Thank you truly, Agent-

(Y/N): (Y/N)

Marie: Mh?

(Y/N): My name, is (Y/N) you can call me that if you want...

Marie: Well let me rephrase that thank you (Y/N)!

And again she began to smile brightly it was almost like she was a different person.

The rest of the day we talked and watched some tv. Marie suggested taking a little break from agent work until my leg healed so I used that opportunity to try to learn more about her. I found out that Callie isn't her sister she's her cousin. She also talked about her grandfather who is the captain of the New Squidbeak Splatoon he is supposed to be on a secret mission with another agent. The sun was setting at this point as time began to fly.

*Time Skip Evening*

Marie: -And then she began to cry because someone pushed her ice cream on the ground.

(Y/N): And then?

Marie: My grandfather tried everything to make her stop crying... in the end, he had to buy her a new ice cream.

(Y/N): Your cousin sure has an attitude.

Marie: I guess, my grandfather always said that she was a playful and mischievous girl and me a calm and refined lady but he loved us both all the same.

(Y/N): Family huh...

Marie: What about you, any siblings?

(Y/N): I have a sister.

Marie: Ohhh... older?

(Y/N): Younger but don't try to ask anything about her because I know as much as you do... nothing.

Marie: Whys that not to pry or anything.

(Y/N): Ah w-well ehm... My parents are divorced and my sister was with my mother while I was with my father...

Marie: Ah sorry to bring bad memories up again

(Y/N): No it's fine...

(Sorry for lying to you but I can't tell her about the project I don't know what impact such information can have in the future or how dangerous that information can be to a person like Marie.)

(Y/N): Well it's pretty late and my body is still sore how about we call it a day?

Marie: Alright let's do that. Is it really alright to sleep on the couch we could switch you know.

(Y/N): I said before that it was fine but thanks for taking care of me today.

Marie: I could say the same. Good night (Y/N).

(Y/N): Good night.

She smiled and began to make her way to her room which she entered and left me alone in silence.

(This kind of relationship almost feels like the one I had with 04...)

I met many children in the facility most of them were dragged here as orphans some of us were ripped from families or just kidnapped. We banded together and were friends no one could have expected that all the testing, all the training, and all the experiments were just to find out who was the most talented. They made us fight against each other with the promise of freedom and I was the one who stood victorious. A victory no one would be proud of a path littered with bodies in the way and for what, all the killing and all the betrays on each other just for me to stand alone on top and after I was used thrown away like a toy. I even killed her...

As I thought to myself I looked out the window that was beside me. The cold night was the only thing greeting me.

(If your up there 04 I have not yet paid for my sins, but don't worry I will avenge you and all the others by eliminating the ones responsible and then myself! But my time is ticking I need to hurry only then can I be truly at peace...)

After these thoughts, I soon drifted into sleep.

-End-

Words: 1490

(A/N): Hey everyone Im late again as always but here's another chapter that is done. This chapter focused more on character building and background I hope you all like the little changes. I practiced a little bit with my wording here and there to make it more thoughtfully.

Well, anyway enough from me I hope you have a great day.

Bye Bye!