Request 18

GUNJAN'S POV

It's been exactly four years since I got married to the love of my life.

And these four years made me realise how lucky I am to fall in love with a guy like him.

Past four years, we went through the extremes a relationship or marriage can offer, but always together.
Never leaving one behind, never leaving the other hand.

We really became halves that together is a full.

5 years ago.....

Oh god!
This is so hard.
Why did I even think of becoming a psychologist?

It's hard, dude.

Dealing with your stuff and theirs.

And someone knocked on my door.

I open it to see the Head of Psychologists, standing there.

Me: Good morning, sir.
Him: Good morning.
I have a request Gunjan. This is Abhishek Sharma and that's Shubman Gill. Our cricketers.
They were both injured in the New Zealand series.

And I understood the rest.

They are someone who lived every minute of their life for their dream and not being able to play for months together hurts a person mentally.

I just nodded and opened the door wider to let them both in.

Me: Okay. So, we all know what happened, let's not beat around the bush. We will go through sessions. As many as possible until you guys recover.
And we will have seperate sessions.
Your physiotherapist and I will make a schedule. Is that okay?
Abhishek: Yes.
Shubman: That sounds good. Thankyou.

And they leave.

I met Kriti, their physiotherapist and decided that Shubman will be with me in the morning and evening session, for me is with Abhishek.

Next day.....

Shubman: Good morning
Me: Hey!
How are you feeling today?
Shubman: Not bad. I am feeling okay.
Me: Good. Good.
So, I'll ask you few questions because it's a first session, answer me, truly.
Shubman: You got it doc 😉
Me: And don't call me doc.

I said while smiling and nodded, smiling.

And that went well.
Shubman is sweeter than he seems.

And it's time for my session with
Mr. Sharma.

Abhishek: Hello, doc.

WHY! Why do these people keep calling me doc?

Me: Not doc. Call me Gunjan.
Abhishek: Then you can call me Abhay.

Hmm! Abhay? Not bad. I can work with that.

And session went through.

While both tried really hard to not seem devastated, they are. It's true. And I would never, ever blame them.
I know how hard it must have been for them to not do something they did for years together.

After 2 months....

Both Abhay and Shub, recovered pretty quickly. Mentally and physically.

It's my last session with them but something seems off lately.

I mean, mentally and emotionally, they are all good and recovered but they two seem like they aren't on speaking terms.
And for someone who is now obsessed with their friendship, I noticed it.

But, it's not something they told me so that's not something I should be noticing. So, even if I did, I am not going to interfere. Nope. Nada. 

Abhay: Hello, doc?