ABHISHEK SHARMA

This is for you Kiran1209

ABHISHEK'S POV

It's my wedding tonight and all I can think about is Rupali.
Her smile, her laugh, her hair, her soul, her personality, her everything made me crazy.

Shub: Bhai! Aaja neeche. Sab intezaar kar-
Abhay? What's wrong?
Kamlesh: Thinking about Rupali?
Shub: She cheated on you. Now just shutup and get married.
Me: Nahi karna hein shaadi.
Shub: Abhay! Stop it. There is a woman down. Waiting for you. And you are thinking about the girl who cheated on you.
Not fair Abhay!
Dad: Puttar! Aaja

Now I can't say no. My dad is the one who supported me and helped me get through all that has happened.

I went to the mandap with Dad.

Here she comes. Drishti? Dhriti?
Ah! Dhriti. Yep. That's her name.
I never met her. Not once. I talked to her twice on call but not more than 5 minutes.
And now I have to spend my life with this girl.

After all the ceremonies,
We were finally announced Husband and wife.

I look at Dhriti. I really feel sad for her. She came into my life with so many dreams and I will shatter them. Even if I don't want to. Because I-

Dhriti: Abhay? Help me?
Me: Love Rupali.
Dhriti: WHAT?
Shub: sh*t yaar
Kamlesh: F*ck.
Reyansh: Are you freaking kidding me?

And She just lifts her lehenga herself and sit in the car silently.

I couldn't speak to anyone so I sat in and the rest of the journey was super silent. Which I actually preferred.

DHRITI'S POV.

The moment he said her name and 'love' preceding that word, my heart was shattered. I am absolutely sure that he doesn't love me but I just thought it was because, he doesn't know me or something else. Not because he loves somebody else.

After 3 weeks...

Abhay went for his IPL tour while I am in Kolkata for some seminar.
I am the guest of honour here. I am at GNIDSR. For a seminar about dentistry.

But Abhay's friend Shubman asked if he can meet me and Abhay hates me but I don't. So I need to know if there is something that I should know to take away Abhay's pain if I can.

Coming to me and Abhay?
We are living under same roof ofcourse but he hates me. And I can't hate him for which I hate myself for.

I am at a cafe and Shubman is here.

Shub: Hey!
Me: Hey!
Shub: How are you?
Me: I am okay!
Shub: So Is Abhay treating you okay?
Me: By treating if you mean, actually pushing away the coffee that I give him, Eating when I am in some work and not at all speaking a single word, yep! Super okay!
Shub: Sh*t. I am so sorry.
Me: Why are you? I mean there is no one here who should be sorry. Not even Abhay.
Shub: I know. But he is not all bad you know.
Me: Well towards me he is. So?
Shub: He was about to propose her and when he was about to go to his room to get the ring, he caught her cheating. In his room.
Me: OMG! that's cruel.
Shub: From then, he changed.

And that's how that conversation went.
I thought of asking something about changing Abhay or whatever but what I learnt was sh*t. How can she do that?

This time, I understood that he shouldn't be alone and I should be in Hyderabad right now.

I completed my work and start to Hyderabad.

At hotel...

Abdul: Bhai! Party kab de rahe ho?
Abhay: Kya party bhai!😑
Nupur: Hey!! Dhriti!!! How are you? Come here. Join us.
Abhay: What?
Me: Hey!!!