18 - Cold-Blooded

Hey guys, the title is totally unrelated to the chapter lol I just didn't know what to put and I can't waitttt to post this! Hope you enjoy!

Marinette's POV

The silence between Felix and I was deafening. I was waiting for him to say something, be angry, shout if that's what he needed. Instead, he stared at me through his mask with an indecipherable expression in his eyes.

"Why did you kiss him?" He finally asked, his voice surprisingly calm and somewhat mischievous.

My mouth opened and then closed immediately. I bit my lip and looked down at my shoes, ashamed. I didn't know what to say or how to answer. I needed to choose my words wisely.

"Answer me" Felix insisted, more aggressively this time.

"I actually don't have any good reason... I was tired, we argued, and suddenly it's like I was 18 all over again" I finally replied, quite ridiculously may I add.

Felix inhaled deeply and shook his head in disapproval. "It's hurtful, Mari"

"I hate that I hurt you," I approached him and grabbed his jaw gently to force eye contact. "It's not gonna happen again. He doesn't mean anything to me"

He snaked his arms around my waist and leaned in closer, our lips almost touching. His gaze piercing through my soul. His eyes... Mesmerizing without even trying. One look and I was under his spell.

"For your own good, you better not lie to me..." He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. His cologne suffocated me almost as much as my dress did.

"Is that a threat?" I whispered in the dim lights. My heart beat faster than it already was when his grip strengthened around my waist.

He pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear and ran his thumb on my neck gently. Too gently. He licked his bottom lip and smirked, "It's a promise"

A mix of anger and playfulness filled his voice. His lips were perfect, begging to be between my teeth. Felix knew exactly how to touch me, look at me and talk to me for me to be completely hypnotized. The power and charm he possessed were attractive and frightening at once. He kissed me, as if he had read my mind.

Adrien's POV

I felt miserable again. Hopeless might be a better term. I didn't know what to do anymore, how to act or who to turn to.

Marinette has been back in Paris for a couple of days now, and the more I see her, the more I reminisce of the times I shared with her. Those were the best memories of my life. All the laughter, the pain, the kisses, the mistakes, through sunshine an rain...

Who knew unrequited love would be so hurtful? The worst part is that this is all my fault, I'm the one to blame for my own misery. I chose my company over having a family with her. If I could turn back time, I would change my choice. No matter the circumstances, no matter the sacrifices it would entail, I would choose her and her happiness before everything else.

Because now, I see her with her new love and I realize that it's too late. I have no business ruining her happiness again, I've done enough. My love for her was not meant to be, it will stay forever as unsent letters dusting in the quiet basement of my heart.

"You're making a face" Chloe's voice interrupted my mushy-gushy thoughts. She was drinking champagne and offered me a class which I gladly accepted.

"Chloe, I'm not moving to the castle with my mom... Look at how great Marinette is with Felix, I'll ruin it if I go" I replied before drinking half of my glass.

The blonde girl sighed and clicked her tongue in hesitation. "I don't know man... There's just something off about Felix. It's just a gut feeling, but I feel like Marinette is changing around him. She's sacrificing a lot for him..."