21 - Confrontation

Hey! This chapter is edited because the original publication contained some *very minor* plot errors. Thanks for understanding xxx

Marinette's POV

It was the middle of the night in my hotel room, and my blood was boiling with anger, sadness, confusion. I was drenched from head to toe due to the rain, and I looked like an absolute mess. My mascara streamed down my cheeks, my hair was all tangled and wet and my dress was absolutely ruined.

But this was the least of my worries. Felix was in the shower when I got back to the hotel room, words could not describe how angry I was with him at the moment.

"How dare you tell Adrien about Emma?" I screamed once he got out, only a towel wrapping his lower body.

He flinched a bit from my angry tone, but quickly regained his composure. He didn't answer me. He approached the living room mirror and started to gaze at his sharp facial features and toned body. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I walked towards him and made him face me. "This wasn't your story to tell, you had no right" I said, more calmly this time, but still making it obvious that I was upset.

"You know he's still in love with you right?" He replied after a moment of observing my eyes, as if staring into my soul. His question took me off-guard. But I didn't flinch.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I replied back, unamused.

Felix bit his lip, looked down and sighed gently. The little puppy dog act who fooled everybody. Everybody but me.

"I'm saying this because Adrien is a powerful man and I know what his family is capable of. Hell, the building we're standing in belongs to them," he proclaimed, gesturing to the grandiose walls of the Bourgeois Hotel, "I'm afraid that he's not going to stop pursuing you unless..."

He stopped his sentence, as he lost words to express himself. At this moment, I felt disgusted. Disgusted at the fact that Felix thought of me as some prize to be earned; like an object. Disgusted at how insecure and pitiful he was. Disgusted at the lengths he would go to to keep his pride.

"Unless you hurt him to the point of completely breaking him? Unless you hurt him so much that he would stop looking for me?" I proposed.

No reply. Just silence. Until I slapped him right across his cheek. How could he be so... callous?

"Did you just slap me?" He asked, as his cheek turned red.

"You just used Emma's death as a way to hurt Adrien. You used her death as if it's a fucking golden ticket to win the little game you both play, you heartless fucking jerk" I struck back, sneering with disappointment and fury.

The rain was still pouring hard outside.

"To be fair Mari, you should've told him way sooner. He was gonna find out one way or another and you know it! The only reason I told him is because he deserves hell after the hell he put you through. And seeing him thinking that he still has a chance, after all that happened, made my blood boil. I never saw Emma as an opportunity to beat him. Because I know that I beat him already..." Felix rambled.

"I'm not some chew toy for you dogs to fight over, you know that right?" I replied cockily.

He smirked and caressed my bottom lips with his tongue. "I know, love. I know I beat him because unlike him, I actually found happiness. In life, in love, and everything in between. You know not everything's about you, Marinette"

"Well I'm glad," I replied, staring inside his deep green eyes. I could tell that Felix was being sincere. Unlike Adrien, he never saw me as an object. Unlike Adrien, he never glorified me or idealized me or misrepresented me as some mythical goddess. He always saw me as who I really am: just a normal girl with a normal life.