Loosing Charlie

No one's p.o.v

Months and months went by, the list was sent back sorted, and checked more than twice by Snickerdoodle's request. Snickerdoodle became used to the human world while Scott felt like he wasn't fitting in anymore. He seemed to love the idea of Christmas when usually he'd hate it.

The joy he and Snickerdoodle felt faded the day Laura and Neil took him to court. Scott lost his visitation to Charlie and Laura thought it would be best for Snickerdoodle to stay with them - leaving Scott all alone.

Snickerdoodle and Charlie weren't fond with staying with Laura and Neil, the parents were weirdly fond of therapeutic ways of understanding things, ways that Charlie and Snickers couldn't wrap their heads on. The 8 year old boy and the 1,600 year old elf struggled without Santa by their side. The Christmas savior duo was eating dinner when the doorbell rang, Neil speaking with an angry tone in the doorway. Snickers didn't get up whole Charlie leaped with joy hearing his father.

Snickers stared at her food till she saw two slim hands grabbing some her food. Looking up Bernard smiled at her with bright grin. "Christmas wouldn't be complete without me now would it, Darling" Bernard said with the nickname he gave her months ago. Snickers felt warm inside again and just laughed standing up. "Meats dry, ever heard of basting?" Bernard asked Scott getting up. "Bernard! Can I go please?" Charlie pleaded.

"Sounds good to me" Bernard said with his partner leaning in the doorframe "Come on Scott let's bring Charlie, ruffle Neil and Laura's feathers a bit" Snickers said teasingly. Scott grinned a jolly grin Bernard taking Charlie's hand dropping a glitter ball. The four were now at the North Pole workshop once again. "If feels great to be home" Snickers said quickly about to find a room to change out of her human attire and into her elf clothes.

Meeting up with Scott and Bernard she quickly hugged her brother Gingerbread. "Santa, this is Gingerbread, our head of research and development" Bernard said who seemed uneasy with how close Snickers was with the head elf not realizing this was her brother.

"Gingerbread, good to meet ya" Scott said shaking his hand. "Hello Santa, Charlie and I have put our heads together, and I think we've got a few surprises for you!" Gingerbread said with a smile.

"This is some of the best stuff that has come out of the workshop since- a ball!" Bernard said walking past Scott, Snickers quickly following. "Hey wait! What do I do if I fall of the roof?" Scott called out. "Bernard what does he do?" Snickers asked Bernard as they walked.  Bernard remained unresponsive so Snickers asked another question. "Are you always so uptight?" Bernard quickly retaliated at this. "I'm not uptight!" He shouted his voice cracking. "You seem worried, here why don't I take over for today? You rest" I suggested. "You know I couldn't leave a Scout Elf with a Head Elves job" Bernard shook his head.

"I insist, what do you do for fun Bernard?" Snickerdoodle asked. "Help around the workshop?" Bernard stated raising his shoulders. "That's not fun- What about you take a nap?" Snickers suggested making Bernard laugh. "Elves don't nap" He said. "True, but. It could do you good" Snickers suggested with puppy dog eyes. Bernard contemplated but sighed. "Fine. I will take a nap. But only a short one" He said as Snickers smiled. "Yes! Thank you!" She waved before sliding down the staircase railing showing Scott the new ideas Charlie came up with.

Standing behind Scott Snickers smiled, two elves lighting the Santa doll up but the body remained unharmed. "Fireplaces will no longer be a problem" She said standing beside him. "It's a new fabric" Gingerbread started. "Completely flame retardant. It's light, yet durable" He continued.