December Disaster

Readers p.o.v

December first, Santa's busiest time of year! I crept into the Calvin house, the thin green book and the small plastic, stuffed Elf on the Shelf on the coffee table in the middle of the home

December first, Santa's busiest time of year! I crept into the Calvin house, the thin green book and the small plastic, stuffed Elf on the Shelf on the coffee table in the middle of the home. Charlie was the child of the house, he named me Snickerdoodle!

Charlie moved between his mother and fathers house, but it was his fathers week. I stared at the elf before making a sour face "These toys are disturbing" I turned round and looked at the few Christmas cards on Scott's table in the hallway. Hearing a whistle outside my attention was turned to the Scout elf who lived across the street. "Frosty!" I called out through the open window as the other Scout elf bounced with joy.

I stepped outside and came over to Frosty who was rubbing his hands together vigorously "I could go for some cocoa right about now" He said sheepishly as I smiled, "Me too- Let's get back quick! Judy might be making a fresh cup"

Frosty pulled off his hat, holding a petite globe of glitter. He dropped it against the snow and it engulfed Frosty and myself, when the glitter dissipated the bright red paint of the workshop shined in our eyes. Wiping as much glitter off as I could, I put my hand on my hat to keep it still as we ran inside.

The workshop was comfortably warm, I rubbed my hands together as Santa's jingle bells alerted us of his presence. "Ho-Ho-Hello my two scout elves" Santa said. "Santa!" We exclaimed.

"Would you guys like some cocoa?" Judy asked appearing from behind Santa. "I would love some!" I exclaimed picking up one of the striped mugs. "Santa, the list!" Bernard pleaded, holding several pieces of paper in his hand. "You need to check it!" He said pointing the several pages of children's names. "He needs to check it twice" Frosty said as I giggled at his joke.

Bernard looked at us with an annoyed smile speaking to Santa again "Can we at least look this over Santa?" Bernard asked. "It's the first day of December, believe me it's fine!" He smiled patting Bernard's shoulder before walking off. Bernard looked distressed as I held out the mug I had grabbed "Want some cocoa?" I asked him. Bernard took the mug from my hand quickly, walking down the steps before he stopped. "Thank you." He said with an appreciative tone. I smiled and took another mug from Judy's tray. "Something feels off this Christmas" Judy mumbled to herself, shaking her head as she walked away. Boy could she have been more right...

📍Christmas Eve

The days went on as usual, moving the little doll around Scott and Laura's house. Up until Christmas when the magic coursing through my bones felt... off.

Walking out of the house like usual, Frosty and I held our little elf dolls. "I'm so ready to tear the head off this little camera, it's so ugly" Frosty said pointing to the little doll version of himself. "You are absolutely right-" Hearing sleigh bells I looked up at Santa on our roof. "Look it's Santa!" Frosty said excitedly, pointing out the obvious.