Visits from Bernard

Readers p.o.v

I walked around Scott's house tiredly, I've lived with him for a couple weeks and he's so far not had any significant changes. I sat on the couch as Scott called it looking at the black box. Looking around I picked up a long wand thing and pointed it at the tv pressing the big red button. I looked in awe as the box lit up, humans moved along the screen. I watched the people on the screen when I heard a clatter from somewhere else in the house. Looking around I stood up holding the long wand was I walked upstairs. Hearing a door open I quickly used the wand to hit whomever was making the noise. "Ouch!" I heard Bernard shout. I quickly dropped the wand holding my hands up. "Bernard! I am so sorry- I thought you were like a- a uh.." I drew a blank on the word. "Thief?" Bernard asked with a red bruising face. "Yeah.." I started. "Well I came to help you but I suppose you don't need it"

I quickly shook my head "No! No! Please I'm sorry!" I said to him apologetically. Bernard crossed his arms unamused as I gasped. "Oh come here!" I took his hand pulling him down the stairs to the living room pointing to the box. "Look at how cool this is! These little humans are dancing in this box!" I said as I looked Bernard. His eyes were fixated on something else, his cheeks dusted pink. Looking at where his eyes were I looked at our hands, mine still entwined with his. Gently pulling away he slowly looked at the box. "It's called a tv, Those people inside are actors. It's a movie" He said as I nodded. "That's.. Toy Story. It's a movie about living toys." Bernard said. "Living toys?! You have to watch this with me!" I exclaimed pulling him down onto the couch with me. "Snickers I have to get back-" he started. "You can spare an hour couldn't you? Please I've never watched a moo-vie before." I said drawing out the 'o'. "Alright.. I can spare a bit" He said, I smiled happily as we watched the movie,

Watching the credits roll I heard soft snores from beside me. Turning to see Bernard fast asleep. Giggling I grabbed one of the glitter orbs and dropped it on the ground. We were now in the workshop as I picked Bernard off some stuffed animals. Struggling to hold him up I walked to Scott's empty bedroom. Pushing open the door I climbed up to the bed laying Bernard down. He stayed asleep as I held back more giggles. I grabbed a piece of sticky paper and a candy cane pen writing a note for Bernard.

𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝐵𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓇𝒹,
𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝓉𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝑜𝓁𝑒! 𝒮𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝒾𝑔 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎.
- 𝒮𝓃𝒾𝒸𝓀𝑒𝓇𝒹𝑜𝑜𝒹𝓁𝑒

Sticking the note to Bernard's forehead I reached into his bag grabbing another orb as I dropped it on the ground. When the glitter fell I was back at Scott's house. I looked around and Scott looked quiet larger then the last time I saw him. "Geez Scott, You're getting that bowl full of jelly" I said to him as he scoffed. "Just get in the car, I need to talk to Laura and Neil." Scott said before looking at my clothes. "Wait. You need new clothes" He said pointing to my currently elfly attire. He walked upstairs and brought me some "clothes" it was leather like pants, and a small shirt that said 'I ❤️ Las Vegas' I picked up the shirt confused. "What's a Las Vegas?" I asked him as he laughed. "It's not a what, it's a place. It's like workshop but nobody works, it's cooler, and hotter women- that aren't the height of a fourth grader" He said as he pushed me into the bathroom. Taking off my elf clothes I put on the clothes Scott gave to me.

Walking out of the bathroom completely dressed I looked at Scott as he pointed to the door. "Get into the car" He said as I walked out to his car. Getting into the car I waited patiently for Scott. Scott got in and started the car. Warm air being blasted into my face. I moved the fan away as I played with the dial that increased the sound of the singing chorus. "Hey would you stop that" Scott said slapping my hands. I pulled away and rolled my eyes "Can we get cocoa? I would love some of Judy's cocoa right about now.." I said as Scott just rolled his eyes. "Just shut your mouth please." He said. I rolled my eyes and looked outside watching the outside world zoom farther than I could see. We stopped at Laura's house, Scott got out as Laura looked into the car at me. Staring at her I waved, she waved back and mentioned for me to come out. Getting out of the car I stood beside Scott. "Hello Sandra" Laura said with a soft smile. Her smile warm just like Santa's was. "Hello Laura" I said happily feeling my own smile rise.