I stopped reading and looked up at Mateo with tears in my eyes.

"Why are you crying? The review is good," He asked and moved the half empty tray onto the bedside table.

"It's just emotions. This has been on my vision board since I started the catering business, and now it's finally happening," I replied and wiped my eyes.

"Well, you deserve it my love. I hope you know that,"

He placed a peck on my lips and moved the tray back onto my lap.

"Eat up, we'll leave soon,"

I finished my breakfast and took a shower before getting dressed for work.

"Can you knot this for me?" Mateo asked, and I walked towards him.

Me knotting his tie was basically an everyday habit between us. He's capable, but he prefers when I do it. He says he likes my style more. I just wrap it a little lower that he does.

I stood in front of him and  his hands rested on my waist.

"I like this dress on you," he spoke and his hands trailed up and down my sides.

"Thank you," I blushed and tried keeping my attention on the tie in front of me. 

I have no idea how this man still manages to short circuit my brain. I should be immune to him by now but apparently I haven't built resistance yet.

"I'd like it more off you though," he smiled his dumb panty dropping smile and I rolled my eyes.

The corners of my mouth raised regardless.

I finished his tie and tried to step out of his arms but he tightened his grip around me.

"Release fee?" He stated and I laughed before placing 2 kisses on his cheek.

He turned my head and placed a full kiss on my lips.

"I'm sure you can be a little late," he suggested while moving us backwards.

My back hit the wall and his hand slowly trailed up my dress.

"I-" 

His ringtone cut me short and he groaned but continued his journey up my thighs.

Just as it stopped it started again.

"Ignore it,"

"Answer it"

We both said simultaneously and he removed it from his pocket. He let out a sigh and answered. His hand stalling on my hip.

"What?"

The person on the other side spoke fast and he looked down at me before answering.

"Can it wait for thirty minutes? Good. I'll be in after thirty minutes,"

With that he hung up and tossed his phone onto the bed.

"We need to leave now,"

"I said thirty minutes. Ten for you and twenty to drive," he casually replied and I laughed before pulling him in for a kiss.

"We can finish this before or after dinner. Now get your stuff and let's go," 

I quickly slipped past him and put on my heels.

Five minutes later we were out of the apartment and on route to my restaurant.

I watched the cars drive past us and I reflected on how lucky I got. 

If you told me two years ago that I would have my own restaurant that would be featured on food that's good while living with my handsome, wealthy boyfriend and running a successful catering business, I would have laughed in your face but here I am.

Sure I have no biological family left but I have a chosen family. They're the greatest gift I could have asked for in a time like this.

"Are you okay?" Mateo asked with his hand on my shoulder.

I noticed that we were outside the restaurant and he was standing at my open car door.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am," I replied and gave him a quick kiss.

"I'll pick you up at 5," 

"What if I still have work to do?" I asked with an eyebrow up

"Be done by then. See you later, Ms Matthews,"

I just laughed and walked into the restaurant. 

Here we go.

~~~
Hey, how y'all doing?

So I'm back. New year, new me😭

Thank you all for the patience and support throughout 2023. I truly appreciate it <3