Chapter 40 The Spark

Start from the beginning

McGillis: We finally meet. Bael. No... It's the dawn of a new era. Awaken, Agnika Kaieru.

Without warning, the roof of the unground hanger collapsed, as both Agares and Vidar proceeded to land on opposite sides of the platform. Both Hyun and Vidar emerged from their cockpits, as they looked down at McGillis.

Hyun: Long time no see.

Vidar: I knew I'd find you here.

Vidar proceeded to remove his mask, revealing his identity to McGillis, as he narrowed his eyes.

McGillis: Gaeilo Bauduin

Elsewhere, within the the Arianrhod Fleet, Julieta was floating in the hanger, as Yamazin spoke up.

Yamazin: Even if we're on battle standby, you're a little too early to be here.

Julieta: A coup d'etat is taking place on Earth. I can't stand still.

Yamazin: Hmmm.

Julieta looked around and saw that Hyun and Vidar were still gone.

Julieta: They're not back yet? What are they doing at a time like this?

Yamazin: Vidar and your boy toy went to Earth.

Julieta looked at Yamazin surprised, blushing a bit.

Julieta: B-Boy toy...?  And Earth?

Yamazin: Didn't know? They got special permission from Lord Elion.

Julieta: Special....

Yamazin: Frustrated for being left out?

Julieta looked at Yamazin annoyed, as she spoke up.

Julieta: I must not make the same mistake again. Master Rustal must have some kind of plan. But will they be okay on their own?

Yamazin: I wonder. But I don't see any need for concern for those two.

Back within the underground hanger, Gaeilo and Hyun were still facing off against McGillis.

McGillis: To think you'd become Rustal Eliot's dog now. Even taking your subordinate with you.

Gaeilo: He and I have the same interests. We're on equal footing.

McGillis: It's a bad habit of yours to trust people so easily.

Gaileo: You might be right. I was once killed by a man who I thought was my best friend. Best friend....? No, that isn't right. I never understood you in the end. I wanted to find out. I wanted to see what wanted so badly that you'd had to set up a good man for your own benefit, betray me and the people wishing to stand by you.

McGillis just looked down and smiled.

McGillis: And I see you made it here.

Gaeilo: Yeah. The fact that you're right here. That's the answer.