07

"Jaxon… he saved me

"Jaxon… he saved me. I came from an unhealthy household and he's been noticing for a few weeks before he decided to check the situation out. Then he helped me leave that house. I never want to return there ever again." I didn't want to tell him that I was actually abducted at first since he might sue him.

"So do your parents consent to you living with him?" He suddenly interrogated.

"Well I don't think so-"

"But do you consent?"

"Well yes right now-"

"Right now? Meaning you didn't consent at first?"

"What? No. I meant-"

"You were taken here against your will." He stated.

"Huh?! What no I just told you the story-"

"I can help you." He suddenly sounded more approachable.

"What?" At this point I'm really fucking confused.

"I can help you sue him."

I immediately raised my arms up in surrender.

"Woah buddy easy there! I don't want to sue him. I choose to live here." I defended Jax.

"...Why?" Gray narrowed his gray eyes trying to understand me.

I sighed. "We made a deal. I won't rat him out to the cops and he'll fund the rest of my life for as long as I live with him."

Gray had opened his mouth about to say something but I cut him off.

"It's thanks to him I can finally live my life with my free will. So no matter how much you try to convince me I won't let you sue him." I said confidently.

"No. I didn't mean to insist you to sue him. What I meant to say was… You should live with me." He suggested.

I was shell shocked. Why would he offer such a thing to his friend's random housemate?

"You can live a more comfortable life with me. I earn way more than Jaxon. I can promise the same thing to you that Jaxon has." He sounded almost desperate.

Is he insane? Is he also mentally unstable? He could've offered to help me sue my parents, not that I would bother to do so, but instead he was targeting Jaxon.

"... Thanks for the offer but I promised Jax I won't be leaving any time soon." I answered in my confused voice.

"Think about it." He then extended his business card with his personal number written on it in addition to his work number already printed on the card.

I silenced my response as I heard Jax's footsteps approaching. I quickly grabbed the business card and shoved it into my sweatpants pockets before Jax notices.

These pockets were deep. Typical of men's clothing, unlike women's clothing.

"Aww you paused the movie for me, how sweet of yall~" Jaxon entered the living room with cans of sprite from the kitchen.

He placed a can of sprite in front of me on the coffee table and passed Gray his can. He then sat back down beside me on the couch, leaving me between the two men. Once he was comfortable cuddling beside me, he placed a quick kiss on my temple.

I've gotten used to his random acts of physical affection over the past few days. I resumed the movie and munched on some popcorn.

As the movie resumed playing and we returned our attention to the screen, I whispered to Jax.

"You can stop the act now… Gray knows." I patted his thigh.

He has nice thighs.

His eyebrows raised in surprise but didn't turn to face me. "How?" He whispered back.

"He overheard our conversation in the kitchen the other day." I mumbled as I leaned over to reach for my can of sprite on the coffee table.

I had positioned myself too far back on the couch to reach the drink. Jax noticed this and grabbed it for me. After learning this he distanced himself a little from me.

Unbeknownst to me, Gray was watching me for a portion of the movie. He analyzed my reactions to Jax's silly comments on the movie and how Jax would sometimes sneak glances at me with a small smile on his face.

'Stockholm syndrome…' The voice in Grayson's mind mumbled.