06

"Alright alright chill

"Alright alright chill..." Brandon, the jackass, raised his arms up in surrender before grabbing his drink and leaving the kitchen.

Once his presence was removed from the kitchen, Jax worriedly swirled around to face me. "Are you okay YN? Did he hurt you? Where did he touch you?" He fussed over me. Scanning over my body.

I was still recovering from the traumatic experience earlier and didn't realize Jax had grabbed my wrist. His touch was warm and careful. He tenderly traced the forming bruise on my wrist with worry in his eyes.

"That fucker." His face suddenly contorted to one of fury. He was about to leave me in the kitchen alone when I grabbed his arm instinctively.

I, myself, am not quite sure why I did that. "Wha- what are you going to do?" My voice came out unstable and quiet.

Jaxon's face immediately softened. "Don't worry I'll come back for you after I beat some sense into that bastard."

"No. Don't do that... Who is he?" I slowly came to my senses.

Guilt and pity filled his eyes as he held my hands in one of his large ones. With his other hand he patted my hands comfortingly.

"I'm sorry YN... I should've told you my friends were coming over... I would've never allowed this to happen." He apologized genuinely.

"No it's fine... this is your house after all, but a warning would be nice." I flashed him a small smile.

"Hey it's your house too now and don't worry I'll make sure Brandon doesn't step foot into the house ever again, friend or not." He assured firmly whilst gritting his teeth in anger.

"So, I'm your girlfriend huh?" I teased him with a cheeky smile.

Me bringing up this topic had made him flustered. His face and the tips of his ears had burst with color.

"I- I'm sorry about that too! I was panicking and I- I couldn't think of anything better. I can think of a better way if you're uncomfortable with it!" He
tried explaining himself.

"No you don't have to... Those types of guys would only understand to respect women when they're considered another man's property..." I patted his shoulder.

"W-well just know that I don't think that way. You're not my property and never will be. You're now living your life with free will, remember?" He recovered from his flustered state.

"Right. Then let's put on a good show for your friends, babe." I grabbed myself a canned sprite from the fridge before linking my arm around Jaxon's and dragging him with me to the living room.

I didn't notice the pink tint on the tips of his ears and the warm smile growing on his lips.

~

After that day, I've learnt that not all of Jax's friends were as bad as dip shit Brandon. For example, Grayson. We're currently watching the Legos movie in the living room right now.

Me, Jax and Gray were lounging on the couch as the intro to the movie played. Jaxon chose the movie since I was too Indecisive and Gray kept pushing the responsibility onto Jaxon.

Me and Jax played the loving couple perfectly. We chose to be the clingy trope. It helped the best whenever we had to act in front of his friends whom I was uncomfortable with.

"Hey babe I need to use the toilet real quick. You good?" Jax asked me, implying if I was okay being alone with Gray.

I nodded with a grateful smile. "Of course! Go ahead." I patted his butt as he got up from the couch and ran off to the toilet.

He's got cake.

An awkward silence settled between me and Gray. I know I said he was chill but neither of us are very great conversationalists.

"Sorry he's just clingy." I flashed him an apologetic smile while giggling a little.

"You guys can drop the act. I know." Gray responded solemnly.

"...What?" I asked seemingly confused. I paused the movie.

'How the fuck does he know? For all I know, I'm an Oscar winning actress-' My question was soon answered.

"I heard the conversation you two had in the kitchen the other day. It's fine. I understand." Gray sighed.

"Oh..." Then the uncomfortable silence returned.

"So how did you two meet?" Gray asked. He seems to always know how to ask the right questions huh? Now I'm gonna have to lie to him.

"Oh we met at the park nearby-"

"No, that's a lie. Jax doesn't like going out." Gray cut me off.

I sighed. A better lie got it.

"Fine. I used to work as a food deliverer and I met Jax when I delivered him food-"

"Just stop lying. Jax can cook, he wouldn't want to waste money on ordering food." He sounded slightly annoyed.

How long is Jax going to take in the toilet? Is he taking a shit?

"Okay fine... but if I tell you the truth do you promise not to tell anyone?" I started.

"Yes. Now hurry up." Gray dragged his hand over his face in annoyance.

"I was jogging one day and I suddenly felt the urge to shit so I ran to the nearest house and banged on the door and it turned out to be Jax's-"

"Too many details. That's a lie again. I can tell when you lie. I'm a lawyer, so stop trying." Gray pulled at his jet black hair in frustration.

Fuck he's a lawyer. He's giving me no choice. I have to tell the truth. But a partial lie wouldn't hurt.

 But a partial lie wouldn't hurt