CHAPTER 24: The Punch

Start from the beginning

"I'll drive." I told Alex and got into the driver seat while Alex sits next to me and Ella is sitting in the back.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" Asked Alex as soon as I parked the car near Carbon Beach.

"I'm going to go and pick up her stuff. Stay here with her." I unbuckle my seat belt.

"No, I'm coming with you!" Ella shouted from the back seat and she was already fast out of the car.

Should have locked her at Alex's flat. Well done, Patrick!

Alex and I walked behind Ella following her toward that Maxwell guy place. Probably some loaded guy to be able to own a place right by the beach. I know those kinds of men. The player kind. The kind who think they can get anything just because they have money. They are not going to be near my baby sister.

As soon as Ella was at the door, it was immediately opened and the smug face pulled her into his arms.

I clenched my jaw at that sight.

He has his hands all over Ella. "Where have you been? I was trying to reach you.."

That's when I stepped forward, moved Ella out of my way and swung my fist on his face.

Max POV

I stumbled and landed on the floor with my hand now on my cheek. Fuck! I didn't see that coming.

"That's for taking advantage of my baby sister."

Patrick lunged forward and before he could grab my collar I pushed him to the wall and elbowed him and that's when another guy came in and pulled him off me.

"Okay now, enough! What the hell, dude."

I took a few steps away from them and looked for Ella and that's when I noticed she was standing at one corner looking pale and she looked like she was hyperventilating.

I walk to her. "Baby, what's wrong?"

She was still looking shocked. Patrick pushed me to the side.

What the fuck is his problem?!

"Ella. Hey, it's okay. Sweetheart, it's okay. Breathe." Now he was hugging her and rubbing her back.

"Look at me. Breathe."

Now Ella was looking at Patrick and following his breathing pattern. She started to have colour in her face and started breathing normally again.

What the fuck is going on? "Baby, are you okay?"

Ella turned to look at me and in seconds she was already in my arms.

"Are you okay, Max?" She looks up and asks me. That, feels like a victory.

I can hear Patrick swearing from behind her. And he heads off to the kitchen. I saw him coming seconds later with a beer can which he pressed on his face.

"Baby, why don't you go to the room and rest." I need to have a chat with your brother.

"I'm taking her home with me. Ella, why don't you go and pack your stuff." Patrick said from the sofa. The other guy was just sitting near him and already helped himself with a beer.

She is not going anywhere. She is maybe your sister. But, She is my woman. Mine.

"I'm staying here." Ella stands right between her brother and I. It's like she wants to protect me from her brother or something. She is so cute.

And, that feels like another victory.

She walks closer to her brother and sits next to him. She inspects his split lips. Okay, that may not look too good for me; that I did that to her brother. But, that man is a pain in the arse. And, he's got some major problems.

"Pat, I love you. But, I'm not a little girl anymore. I promise we'll talk when you calm down and I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

They seemed really close. I guess it's no surprise he reacted that way.

I walked to the kitchen to get myself some beer and give them a little privacy to talk. I examine my cheek from the kitchen cabinet mirror. That was a pretty good hit. I wonder how many other pain in the arse brothers she has that I have to deal with in the near future.

When I came back to the living room, it's already empty. They are already on the balcony. Ella is hugging her brother and he is saying something to her. It's obvious how much she adores him.

I know what he is doing. He is trying to convince her to come home with him. That's not happening. She is mine.

I walked to her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Get your hands off her."

Jesus. What is his problem? He needs to start accepting the fact that his little sister is mine.

Ella turned around and gave me a not very happy straight face.

I shrugged "What did I do?"

She ignored me and got off my arm.

"I'll see you tomorrow okay?" She gives her brother another hug.

"Are you really sure about this?"

She nods.

"Alright. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." He gives her a kiss on her forehead and leaves with the other guy.

Finally! Some peace.