CHAPTER 22

THIRD PERSON POV

As the commotion was about to settle down by the Otogakure Shinobi's, a commanding voice erupted.

"Quiet down, you worthless bastards"

Y/N's eye followed the voice to see the smoke dissipating, catching a glimpse of the man with smattering scars on his face smirking down at them and many scary looking Ninja's behind him.

Observing the man closely, Y/N discerned the man has a large, imposing figure, which he complements with a rugged head and face covered with old wounds and scars. He wears a darker version of the standard uniform of the Intelligence Division, along with a black trench coat and gloves.He wore his forehead protector in the bandanna style.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I am Morino Ibiki, the examiner for the first test of Chunin Exams"

Some gulped showing fear, some had lazy looks, some were really excited and some remained indifferent.

Y/N belonged to the last category but she had some remains of excitement she wouldn't admit.

Ibiki pointed his fingers "You guys from Otogakure! Stop doing as you please before the exams or do you want to be failed already?"

"I apologize. it's our first time taking exams, so we flipped out despite ourselves" Y/N could hear the Oto shinobi apologizing without a hint of sincerity.

"Is that so?" Ibiki smirked but soon wiped it off as he turned to face the rest of the genins.

"Then it's high time someone laid down a few rules, shall we? From this point forward, there will be no more fighting without the permission of the examiner. Even if permission is granted, killing your opponent will not be tolerated"

His eyes held a dangerous gleam as he continued "Any of you little piglets do it, are out of this exams. Disqualified immediately. Do I make myself clear"

Silence

Naruto squinted, sweat forming on his face and wondering about what the first exams would be of.

Y/N smirked, a glimmer in her lilac orbs. Finally! the exams were starting.

"We will now start the first test of Chunin exams. Instead of your current seating arrangements you will pick one of these tabs and sit in the seat assigned to you. We will then hand out the written part of the exams" Ibiki announced as a shinobi at his side demonstrated the papers and showed the genins the tab they will be given

"WHAT? A PAPER TEST!?" Naruto shouted, his eyes widening in disbelief.

Y/N's visage also showed distaste not liking the written test. She scowled to herself. 

Written examination are too easy. Give us something strenuous.

The blonde was in a total dilemma when he saw Y/N step in front of him, a look of confusion spread across his face.

"All the best" Y/N began, her low and melancholic voice symbolizing a flow of estuaries, uttering his name "Naruto"

"THANK YOU Y/N CHAN, I AM GONNA ACE IT, BELIEVE IT" He shouted but soon regretted as the words sprouted from his mouth.

"Dobe" Sasuke muttered, a mocking smirk as he followed the amethyst girl.

"Not that you need it" Sasuke began, Y/N frowned at him "but...all the best"

Y/N raised her brows in surprise and soon opened her mouth in reply muttering audibly "you too!"

What no one noticed was the faint smile playing in their faces as they walked away.