𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Ch 1

Ch 1

That was the last thing any child should ever have to see. Their parents laid out in a bloody mess, insides dripping and covering the clean carpets of the bedroom.

In a state of shock, you didn't even hear yourself screaming and the panic rising as the image was forever burned in your head. You involuntarily drop to your knees, holding your head and crying. There's no point in approaching your parents or trying to call their names. They were gone. You were old enough to decipher that much at least.

A loud creak comes from your parents bathroom and your crying abruptly stops as you turn your head in direction of the sound.

Growing scared, you shakily stand up and start to back out of the room. The person that did this must still be there. You should probably run outside and cry out for help.

You turn and stumble out the room as fast as your short legs could take you. You end up tripping on a shoe or something and face plant, slamming your face against the ground. This warrants more crying.

You hear footsteps approaching from behind you and roll over, feeling blood dripping from your nose and your mouth. You see the silhouette of a person walking towards you in the darkness of your house. You immediately stopped crying and became frozen, watching doom get nearer and nearer to you.

???'s POV

Oh. A kid. I slowly walked up to it, watching as it stared at me with utter fear in its eyes. It sucks because I didn't even know there was a kid in the house. They must've seen what I did to their parents. Unfortunate, really.

I walk up to the kid and decide to mess with it a bit. It was completely frozen so it didn't do anything when I went right up to it and knelt before it. I slightly tilted my head in a creepy angle and make my scar stretch as I grinned at it.

The little shizzle didn't do anything besides stare.
What the fuck.

"Oh, you're no fun," I chuckle. "Did you like my little surprise?" I nod my head to the room I just massacred their parents in. Kiddo glared for a bit before weakly shaking it's head. Then I heard the quietest, most weak little voice come from their mouth.

"I hate you...."

My smile grows wider. How fuckin' adorable.

"I know you do," I purred, "it only makes sense that you would. What're you gonna do about it?"

The kid stays quiet and their eyes fall to my knife in my bloodied hands. I look at my knife and shrug, "You scared? Think I'm gonna cut you up too?"

That was the trigger. The kid's eyes squeeze up and it starts crying again. I begin laughing, enjoying seeing the little squeak frightened as fuck. This thing couldn't be older than 6 or so. Poor kid, life's basically just started for them and I went and yoinked their parents away.

I usually don't have a second thought or problem with offing little shits, but tonight of all nights I'm feeling a playful mood and I'm thinking maybe I could squeeze some entertainment from messing with this kid for a bit before putting it out of its misery.

I chuckle to myself and tilt my head again. "Hey ya lil' snot, why're you crying so much? I haven't even hurt you yet. You miss your parents huh?"

The kid nods quickly and rubs their eyes with a pitiful expression. I glare at them with a taunting look of pretend pity "Shush kiddo. I know you're upset. Want me to be your daddy?"

"...Leave me alone."

I scoff and pet their head. I didn't expect their head to feel like a freaking cloud. I stared and kept petting their head and they looked up at me, their crying dying down. I looked into their watery eyes and their almost baby looking face. Why is this thing even cute, what the hell? I fucking hate it.

I quickly move my hand and stare at the kid a bit more before standing up. I can't mess with this thing, it's staring to make me feel sympathetic. I should just kill it and go home and pretend I never saw it.

The little kid looked up at me and slowly stood up like a wobbly little baby butthead. Why did it look like it felt a little less scared of me?

Your POV

The boogey man was staring at you again and although you were afraid of him, you really didn't know what else to do. He seemed like he was being nice but you couldn't really tell. You were confused, scared, and sad and you didn't know what would happen next. At this point, everything that would occur after this moment would be decided by this man. After all, he just killed your parents and you were a little kid who barely knew much yourself. As the closest thing resembling an adult or someone older, he was the only thing you could look to now. The one thing you did know was that he was probably going to kill you, and you were still trying to decide if you should run away or not.

The man moves again after staring at you for ages and you jump, sidestepping as if you were about to run away. "Calm down," He sighed, his voice seeming a bit rigid. "...Maybe I won't hurt you for now. I need to leave though, before it's too late."

Leave? Leave you alone in this dark house with your dead parents in the room close by?

Would you rather be left alone or just face death and see what happens? You were too scared and naive to decide.

You jump out of your thoughts when suddenly the pale man reaches for you and the next thing you know you were up in his arms. You breathing grew quicker but you looked at him in silence and curiosity. "You're coming with me for now kid. I won't hurt you, don't worry."

I won't hurt you.
Don't...worry.

You were suddenly calmed by these words, and nodded at the man who just killed your parents. "Okay..."

Little did you know that this would be the beginning of your new, hectic life.