ᴱᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ˢⁱˣ ᵖ.² ⁻ ᴴᵃˡˡᵒʷᵉᵉⁿ

Start from the beginning

I closed the door. Thankful to finally have one moment alone with her to talk. Ever since Vision brought me out of the trance I haven't had a chance to talk with her. Especially not when Fietro made his appearance. "We need to talk."

"About what?"

"About this." I nearly snapped but I managed to keep my voice level. I motion to everything around us. "About all of this!"

Wanda crosses her arms. "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I reply through gritted teeth. "I can't believe that you recasted Pietro."

"I didn't recast anyone." Wanda snaps.

I sighed and crossed over to her. "I know that you didn't mean to do this. But you are forcing everyone in town to be your puppets and it is not good Wanda."

She pulls away angrily. "No I am not."

"Yes you are because you did it to me!" I shout. Wanda backs away a tiny foot. I realized I might have snapped more than I meant too. I took a deep breath to calm myself and explained. "When I was under your control I remember trying to fight you. But you kept weighing me down with all these emotions. You used my emotions against me."

Everything I felt for anyone I've ever lost or my shit past came weighing down on me. Just all of it toppled onto each other. "At some point I stopped fighting. Vision pulled me out of it. But everyone else in Westview is feeling the same thing. Maybe worse."

Wanda shakes her head, refusing to believe me. "Stop lying Veronica. You and Vision have to stop trying to paint me like some bad guy!"

"I never said that." I stated. "Wanda, this has to stop."

"Nothing is happening." She muttered, trying her best to stay calm. She kept her voice low. I'm sure she thinks the boys will overhear and they probably would. Which is why I'm trying not to speak so loud.

"I am not doing anything. Everything is fine."

"Why won't you believe me?" I asked. "Wanda, I am telling you the truth."

"Look my boys are about to have their first halloween-"

"Wanda-"

"If you want to join us. I won't say no." Wanda holds up her hand. Stopping me from saying anything. "Don't say anything to the boys about this." She pushes past me to walk out the door, leaving me alone in the room.

I grumble, this did not go the way I wanted. Anger boiled through me. This was crazy. She didn't want to face this. My blood runs cold but not in the sacred way. I felt cold. I looked down at my hands and saw the wisps of icy mist. For the first time in forever, I smile at the feeling of the cold.

I've hated these powers for years. I never really thought they were cool like Peter does. But not using them lately has actually made me miss them.

I collect myself and exit the bedroom. Wanda talks to her brother and fully ignores me. Two can play at that game.

"Well, thank you for humoring me and wearing this ridiculous get-up, honey." Wanda thanks Vision as he walks down the stairs wearing a rather comical version of his superhero suit. I looked between both of their costumes, they almost seemed to fit.

"Well, there were no other clothes in my closet, so..." Vision muttered someone condescending. Wanda paused at his words but Vision quickly added to that. They've been trying hard not to fight in front of the kids. They've been doing it often though.

"You are incorrigible, darling. I know you have a secret thing for Mexican wrestlers." Vision teased with a ridiculous smirk and Wanda smirked back.

"Mi gusta mucho."

"Chili con carne." Vision said with what could be said is a Spanish accent.

I shuddered. "Please, stop, I beg you."

"Now you know how I felt watching my best friend flirting with my brother in front of me." Wanda says with a laugh. Fietro swung his arm over my shoulder. "Oh but we did so much better than them." I had really no other choice but to pretend to laugh as I pulled away from him and he raced back to the boys who were playing video games on the TV.

"What do you say, boys?" Vision asked them. "Who's ready for that first hit of high fructose corn syrup?"

"Yes! Headlock!" Billy exclaimed, as he hit the controller rather aggressively. "Get out of here, get out of here." Pietro said.

"Never told me much about your brother." Vision muttered as we watched his interaction with the twins. If he was a few inches shorter he could pass for their triplet given how much he acted like a kid.

"I had no idea he'd be so..." Vision trailed off, as the three of them started chugging cans of soap like if they were some college kids at a frat party.

"Great with kids."

"Yeah. He's just full of surprises." Wanda murmured.

"Well, you have fun tonight, darling." Vision told Wanda. "Veronica and I must take our leave." Ugh finally I was starting to get annoyed. I slipped my feet into my sandals because like hell I was wearing ice heels and headed for the door with Vision.

"Wait, What do you mean?" Wanda questioned, confused as she followed after us. "You're all dressed and ready to go."

"Because you made us," I muttered slightly annoyed I had to wear this stupid costume. I can't take myself seriously wearing this. "But Vis signed us up for the neighborhood watch group." Total lie. We actually just needed to leave the house if I was going to be telling him anything. And what I can tell him is limited anyway.

Vision nods. "Halloween is a bacchanal for adolescent trouble-makers and the neighborhood watch is the only thing that stands between the trees and the toilet paper."

Wanda furrowed her brows, shaking her head every so slightly in disagreement. "No, that's not what you're supposed to..."

"What?" I asked, crossing my arms because now I was very intrigued on what she had to add to that. "What are we supposed to do?"

"Well... you didn't tell me you had plans." Wanda finished. Clearly she did not want to prove me right. "Well, we're telling you now."

"It's their first Halloween." Wanda reminded Vision before looking between both of us. "You have to be there. Pietro's gonna be there. It's not going to-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Cut in Fietro who sped to his sisters side to be Switzerland for a second. "What's the big dealio? They have a conflict, twins need a father figure for the night. Don't sweat it, sis."

It's eerie how polar opposite my Pietro and Fietro are.

"I got the old XY chromosome. Uncle P to the rescue, huh?" I sighed. I cannot believe I was leaving her with the same person Agatha sent to spy on her and me. But I cannot, I refuse to be around him any longer.

"Well," I acted as chipper as I could as I crossed my arms. "You guys have fun but we better get going."

"Goodnight, Dad and V! Bye, V and Dad." Tommy and Billy shout from the couch as they are still hyper focused on their video game. "I'll see you tonight!" I shout before I am out the door. The streets were filled with kids in costumes, more kids than I have seen in any of the other episodes.

Well I suppose you can't have Halloween without kids.