ᴱᴾᴵˢᴼᴰᴱ ᶠᴼᵁᴿ ᴾ.² ⁻ ᵂᴱ ᴵᴺᵀᴱᴿᴿᵁᴾᵀ ᵀᴴᴵˢ ᴾᴿᴼᴳᴿᴬᴹ

PRESENT 

I shake away the old memory and focused back on my work. haven't thought back of that day in years. It was the day I was free and captured in less then 24 hours. I hate that stupid day. I love what I have now, I love my friends and my work but I hate what had to happen in order for me to get all of this. 

No matter, now is not the time to be looking back at the past. The future is literally now. 

Pepper cursed when her phone rang and she saw the called ID. "Who is it?" I wondered as she continued to approve most of the projects in front of her. I've already started working here at STARK Industries, I was in Peps office to get the confirmation I needed to start most of the projects a bunch of interns under me wanted to start. They all had high potential. Some more then others. 

Pepper shakes her head in dismissal but she still tells me about it. "Director Hayward from SWORD, wants to borrow one of my engineers for some assignment."

I raised an eyebrow. Oh? I would imagine a company as big as SWORD had their own engineers. Why would they need one of ours? I'm surprised he'd ask for her help after he took Vision. "Why does he need us for?"

Pepper sighed but reluctantly told me. "There's some anomaly in westview." She answered. "But like hell I am doing it. Not after he completely ignored my rights as guardian over Vision's body and took him to do god knows what." Right. I hadn't forgotten about that. Since Tony's dead so that legal custody power goes to Pepper. 

But by some miracle loophole Hayward was able to take Vision. No one told me that if Vision signed the accords he was giving himself up in the event of his death. I never would have let him sign. Not that I would have even believed he could die. Now I was even more curious when she mentioned Westview. An anomaly in Westview. Wanda was heading to Westview. I always assumed she stayed because she never made it to the apartment. It's been a week and I haven't heard from her since.

Could something have happened? No. No way.

"I'll go." I offered before I could even control myself. Pepper raised an eyebrow. "I mean so he stops bothering you." I stuttered and Pepper still didn't look convinced but the phone buzzed again and she had finally enough. "Okay you can go, but if it's just him pulling tricks you come back." Pepper ordered sternly and I nodded as I picked up my stuff.

"Roger that boss."

I don't give her a chance to change her mind because I'm already out the door. Down the stairs and out the building. I pushed my way through the sea of people in the city and made it to my apartment. I hoped that I was wrong.

But Wanda hasn't texted or called or updated me since she last called me. I was worried. And then this Hayward calls about an anomaly in the same town Wanda was in? Couldn't be a coincidence.

I throw my go-bag inside the passenger seat of my car and drive off to New Jersey. "FRIDAY please try and triangulate Wanda's last single. And while you're at it, send one of our drones to do some reconnaissance of the sight."

"Will do boss."

Boss. I will still never get used to that. The new car came with many things. One of the new things was a compartment in the trunk that acted as a tool desk. I saw through the mirror as the trunk opened and a small STARK Industries Drone flew out and ahead.

Within a few minutes it had already arrived. I set aside the music I had been blasting through the radio touchscreen and pulled up the live footage from the drone.

Well Hayward was right about one thing. This was an anomaly. The Drone recorded what looked to be an energy dome around the town of Westview. In a weird hexagonal shape.