Chapter 2

{3 Months Later - Arial at Xyrus}

I sat lazily atop Arthur's shoulder as he made his way to the house his parents were staying at, shivering nervously the entire way.

''Stop being so nervous, I mean their your parents, their reaction to your return is predictable.''

My words seemed to have annoyed him as he ask.

"Ok, Mr. Omniscient, what will my parents do when they see me?"

I snorted confidently.

''They'll find out what a freak you are, and then disown you!''

He just picked me up off his shoulder, dropped me, and then walked away not once looking back.

'Damn, I didn't think he had the balls to just leave me but I guess I was wrong.'

Then clocking myself with mana I decided to delay my return to him and explore the city. 

...

I spent the past hour looking around and stealing beast cores from shops when I sensed an unusual aura from an alleyway. 

'That's not sketchy at all...'

From what I knew about humans, people often did illegal things in alley's, like drug deals, murder, human trafficking, ect.  

'But slavery is also legal here so... it should be ok if I check it out.'

After using some half assed logic to justify my actions I crawled into the alleyway, and discovered a staircase leading downwards, being guarded by two yellow core mages. 

'Ya they definitely got something going on down here.' 

Making my way inside I discovered a colosseum-like space where two kids were fighting, seemingly to the death. And seeing this, I did what anyone would do in my place. I created a humanoid figure with my mana and then tossed 3 gold coins that I had stolen from a passerby into a basket.

"Three gold on the left one."

I spoke using sound magic, before moving to the seating arena.

'Damn, he is just getting bitched...'

I thought as I watched the girl that I had bet on dig a mana infused rock into a young boy's neck, killing him instantly. And as this happened the man dressed as a butler walked over to me with a tray of gold coins as well as a small book. I quietly grabbed the coins and then asked. 

"What's the book for?"

He gave a practiced smile.

"It's a catalog for the 'goods'."

I just nodded getting his point as I opened it curiously. 

"hm."

It seemed that this place doubled as both a fighting arena and a slave auction, where the winners would be sold. 

'It's a fairly interesting marketing strategy.'

I stayed and watched the rest of the fights, betting and winning on each and everyone, before finally they started the auction.